Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
idk what it is i have the same set in my wifes accord im no sure what it is whats wrong with yours?

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
looks like it takes place or the relay harness? or mabe it cuts down the power going to the lamp?
or a fuse?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk what it is i have the same set in my wifes accord im no sure what it is whats wrong with yours?
nothing is wrong,just asking what does the black box do.

the ebay kit i used to have didn't come with the little box and when hid is turn on my radio signal goes wack.

as of right now i got a good known brand hid kit with the little box,when i turn the hid on my radio signal doesn't goes wack like the ebay kit i used to have.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
then im thinking that they are just noise filters...i like to go by the saying of let sleeping dogs lye.....lol if you do happen to find out what it does let me know you definatly have my curiousity

·
Registered
ej6
192 Posts
My first thought was that they were a warning light canceler. Stops a light from popping up on the cars with stock HID systems. What it sounds and looks like they are, are an electrical interference canceler.
Well those are my ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The little black inline box is an 'anti flicker' module. It's basically a bank of caps that keep the HIDs on even if there's a momentary lapse of power on the circuit. Most newer cars need them. They also provide more of a load on the circuit so that the computer thinks there are good bulbs installed and not throw an idiot light or code for a headlight being out.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first thought was that they were a warning light canceler. Stops a light from popping up on the cars with stock HID systems. What it sounds and looks like they are, are an electrical interference canceler.
Well those are my ideas.
i assume u are talking about the Error Code Eliminator

·
Registered
ej6
192 Posts
More or less something like those pictured.
Where ever you got them I would ask the seller if he knows what they are

1 - 14 of 14 Posts