Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got into a little accident on 3/13. I was not at all my fault a lady tried to make an illegal u-turn right in front of me beginning it from the far right lane near the curb of a 2 lane street. I turned to avoid and hit my brakes hard enough to leave my mark on the road.

Heres how my car sits...

I hit her drivers door and rocker. Anyway they will most likely total my car, im expecting that but i'll cash out and keep my car. All though im thinking its time for something a bit different. Like a 1997 CR-v AWD 5spd, any thoughts?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
insurance told me, a fender, bumper, hood, light, fog light was 1100$ for used replacements and totaled it out. yours doesn't look that bad (cant see core support or frame rail) so they may be nicer to you. if they do total it out,

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Structurally everything else is fine, wasnt that hard of a hit. I barely had time to accumulate any speed after making the left from a stop. It needs a front bumper cover, corner light, fender, headlight, hood, and the apron needs to be repaired. Then everything needs to be painted, and the paint is not cheap. If they total it, might not be worth registering as fees will go up. Just non-op it and track it.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
That really sucks man. Most likely they're gonna total it.

What's the setup in it, I don't remember.

The rear dif in those CRVs are garbage when you add power but a dif from a '08 element is a better and stronger bolt on option.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That really sucks man. Most likely they're gonna total it.

What's the setup in it, I don't remember.

The rear dif in those CRVs are garbage when you add power but a dif from a '08 element is a better and stronger bolt on option.
Its a high comp b18b1, gsr trans, all shaved and tucked. Ive heard about having to swap the rear diffs on the first gen crv's. ive got a gsr head sitting in my garage waiting on funds to bolt it to the LS bottom, my other thought is just make the car look decent (no paint) on the outside with the least expensive components, fix the CF hood since the crack is where its painted, and get the LS/vtec setup running.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse! My brother recently had his TL "totaled" due to a bad hail storm. He bought the car back and will rock with the dents.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Call a PDR guy. $50 a panel usually. No paint required
Every panel has golf ball sized damage AND even the black door door pillars have dents. Estimated cost of repair was over $6k according to the insurance adjuster. I told my brother about calling a PDR guy; but I think he's taking the money and investing it in his trade (tools).

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't like the pilots. might as well be an element lol.

I head back from the insurance company. She told me since my witness had a conflicting statement she was going to put the decision at 50/50. Said they valued my car at $2200 so they would give me $1100. The lady I hit apparently said she was in the left lane in front of me, attempted to turn left into a driveway when I hit her... what a load of shit. My wife works as an inside claims adjuster for allstate. She called and got ahold of a supervisor and tore him a new one to the point he had nothing to say except that they would look back into the claim. My witness apparently said she saw the vehicle parked for 30mins and witnessed the driver get into the vehicle.

Later that day our adjuster from AAA returned my wifes call. He has the witness on recorded statement say that she was sitting at her desk that looks out the windows directly in front of where we hit, that she was right next to a coworker, they both saw everything. Told our adjuster that she tried to make a U-turn right in front of me. And she feels the other driver is 100% at fault. So a few possibilities: 1. the adjuster is lying completely. 2. She didn't talk to the correct person or is getting claims mixed up. 3. Didn't even call the witness.

First off my car is worth more than that. If I had $2200 cash and bought the best looking 94 civic EX I could find in my area it would need to be restored before it came close to the condition of my car. So they are going to raise the value of my vehicle and pay me 100% for my loss or i'll serve the driver and take it to court where our adjuster said he would be more than happy to go to court with us. If it does go to court the insurance company would wind up paying more than they want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ouch, hope things turn out for the better. I would suggest looking into getting a dash cam. You would not have to deal with this he said, she said BS. They are too cheap to not have one.

It saved me once when I got backed into by an SUV.

I also managed to help find a stolen GT-R in our area, I spotted it with stolen plates and they found it parked the next day. See p2. https://www.revscene.net/forums/712146-stolen-r32-gtr-nismo.html

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dash cams on my wifes and my car already. Front and rear cams recording. The front cam is attached to the rear virw mirror. On my car the reverse camera is above the license plate and on my wifes kia soul its right under the 3brake light inside the rear window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm curious as to why the insurance company even needs to bother with the witness statements?
Anything they say will be null and void if it doesn't coincide with the video evidence.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
PS, Pilots have a V6 not a 4 cyl, so not even close to an Element... and even then, Elements are SICK! Suicide doors, manual trans K24 AWD, you can even rinse out the entire interior with a hose! Best car ever made.

In for updates on the battle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts