Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw on here before a list of things to have ready like a checklist b4 getting tuned, i wanna make sure everything is ready b4 i take my car with its new turbo to the shop to get tuned so i dont encounter any setbacks on time

BTW my car is a 2000 ex with t3t4 .48 .60
STS ramshorn manifold FMIC
p28
only have upper 02 sensor

·
Banned
752 Posts
Here's what John Vega (www.phearable.net) recommends prior to coming to his shop.

* Tuning introduction / check list

A lot of people do not understand the importance of tuning a vehicle. Most people assume tuning is to make horsepower, what they do not realize is tuning is extremely important due to the fact that an untuned engine will eventually fail without proper tuning by an experienced tuner.

- Before you have your vehicle tuned check list:
* Oxygen Sensor Bung: You must have a oxygen sensor bung which is accessable & installed in a proper location to where a good air/fuel pickup can be achieved. The oxygen sensor bung MUST have clean threads & be clear of any welds which may stop a larger wideband oxygen sensor from being installed into the bung.
* Fuel Pump & Injectors: You must have the proper size & type injectors & fuel pump for your vehicle setup. Please consult with your tuner to ensure you have the proper combination.
* Spark Plugs: Proper spark plugs & spare spark plugs for your application.
Please consult with your tuner if you are unsure as to what spark plugs to run.
Most sub 450 whp forced induction applications call for NGK BKR7E-11 [NGK-1283].
Most sub 450whp forced induction applications should use plugs gapped to around .028.
* Check engine light: Resolve all check engine codes before you have your vehicle tuned.
* Charge piping: Charge pipe couplings must be secure to prevent pipes from blowing off during tuning & causing delays.
* Engine compression (No more then 20psi between cylinders.)
8:1-8.5:1 c/r = 150-170 psi per cylinder 8.5:1-9.5:1 c/r = 170-210 psi per cylinder
9.5:1-11:1 c/r = 210-275 psi per cylinder 11:1+ c/r = 250+ per cylinder
* Electrical issues: Please resolve all electrical issues before tuning.
* Brakes, Suspension, Tires: All of these components are extremely important, especially if your going to have your vehicle street tuned. Please make sure they are all in good condition.
* Proper octane fuel for your application: Please inform your tuner of what fuel you are running. You should run the highest octane which is widely available in your area such as 93 octane. Try to prevent having your vehicle tuned with gas which has been sitting in your vehicle for more than 20-30 days.
* Forced Induction vehicles should invest into a pcv catch can system such as the endyne kit.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
i remember when my guy did the tune, everything was good except the clutch wouldn't hold. This was fixed by bleeding the clutch. Then everything worked perfectly!

So, make sure your clutch is gonna hold!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts