Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new to this forum and have a couple questions. I’m building a paddle shifter system for a BMXA transmission. I have most of the programming worked out but need to know a little bit more about the solenoid operations. I have done this before on Chevy transmissions with no problems, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information on automatic honda transmissions out there.

From my understanding the A/B solenoid is your 1-2 and 3-4 shift solenoids, and the linear shift solenoid is for hydraulic pressure when shifting?

How does the A/B solenoid operate?
A energized B de-energized = neutral?
A energized B de-energized holding clutch applied = 1st?
This is the information I’m looking for?

The TCC lockup looks easy to manipulate.

The picture attached is a Chevy 4L80e, is there a manual that has information like this for honda transmissions?

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Think a Honda trans is more like a 700R4 with TV shift controls. That TV cable setting means everything. Second gear hold is more like a Ford C4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link, I’ll have start reading through them. I didn’t even think that honda transmissions might operate like 700r4 I was thinking more electronic trans control I will definitely have to look into that. Probably going to call some transmission shops and see if they have any info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts