Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point does it become neccessary to replace the OEM fuel lines? What is their max GPM/LPH, or max horsepower? I have a single 255 in tank for now and was looking to either add a bosche 044 in-line, or upgrade to a 450lph in-tank pump since I'll be on e-85. Does anyone have any solid info on the oem fuel lines? I.D. and length from pump to rail? or possibly how much the lines will flow at (X) psi?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
At what point does it become neccessary to replace the OEM fuel lines? What is their max GPM/LPH, or max horsepower? I have a single 255 in tank for now and was looking to either add a bosche 044 in-line, or upgrade to a 450lph in-tank pump since I'll be on e-85. Does anyone have any solid info on the oem fuel lines? I.D. and length from pump to rail? or possibly how much the lines will flow at (X) psi?
FuelLineSizing

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
its basically -5.

if you can remove the banjos ur making good progress

i assume uve already upgraded the wiring to the pumps...

so remove the banjo at the pump in the tank, remove the banjo at the filter, get a -5 hard line to -6AN fitting (earls), then do -6 to the fuel rail with a good quality inline filter.

if you still consider that "stock lines" (still using the stock hardline) you should be good for 500+ EASY on e85 (assuming again u added the inline 044).

700+ on gasoline no problem

if u keep the stock banjos and stock filter (which necks down to basically 3/16th inch (-3AN) and one in tank you might be able to make up to 480whp on gasoline (darins lowball did anyways). thats like what, maybe 350whp on e85? you might be able to squeeze more out, but i think thats a good estimate....

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
its basically -5.

if you can remove the banjos ur making good progress

i assume uve already upgraded the wiring to the pumps...

so remove the banjo at the pump in the tank, remove the banjo at the filter, get a -5 hard line to -6AN fitting (earls), then do -6 to the fuel rail with a good quality inline filter.

if you still consider that "stock lines" (still using the stock hardline) you should be good for 500+ EASY on e85 (assuming again u added the inline 044).

700+ on gasoline no problem

if u keep the stock banjos and stock filter (which necks down to basically 3/16th inch (-3AN) and one in tank you might be able to make up to 480whp on gasoline (darins lowball did anyways). thats like what, maybe 350whp on e85? you might be able to squeeze more out, but i think thats a good estimate....
Danz is correct.

We ran out on the stock lines on our old car right at 450whp (in tank 255/1000cc injectors)
Upgrading to a -6 feed from tank to rail, inline filter and inline pump will solve yout issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts