Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help or suggestions for a system. Not looking for anything thats too crazy, just looking for something that produces good sounds throughout and keeps the weight down. I know thats not an easy thing to do when adding boxes, amplifiers, and sub woofers, but that is my ultimate goal. Quality speakers that are not too heavy, lightweight box materials or ideas, lightweight amps that are high output? What's the best way to go about this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Check out the new digital amps. Small and puts out good power. Also 8" subs. Small box with good bass.

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely appreciate the suggestions guys, I'll have to check them out. Are there any manufacturers or other sites that would list the weights of these? I know there was a site that had wheel weights a while back. Something like that for speakers and amps would be awesome!

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any good site will list all the specs,
I'm working on a lighter weight sound system for my Hb, w/ 2 10" shallow mount alpines that I'm honing to mount under the front seat gonna be running 1200w from a Hifonics amp.
Here's where I always go to;
Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers
Thanks HB! I like that they list the weight of everything including the head units. Sounds like you're planning a pretty nice set up. Would be interested in how it turns out for you

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
It will be good, just got to get the $$ together.
Hopefully only weighs ~50lb

My old systems: ( never blew anything either)
12" xxx re 2000rmsw sub w/ Hifhonics amp +3.5F cap
Weigh:120lb ( MDF box)

2 10" alpine typex 1000rmw (each) w/ hifonics amp + 3F cap
Weight:90lb ( plexi and aluminum box)

10" alpine typex 1000rmsw, 2 12" infinitys, 12 4x6" speaker deck w/ 2 800w audiobahn amps, 1100w Hifhonics amp + 2F cap and 2nd Batt.
Weigh: way too much, made my camery look lowered)

Also it's always good to match the amp to the speakers/subs, so you don't have to worry about blowing stuff and run the right sized wiring

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
313 Posts
the p300-10 and p300-12 are powered subs, amp built into the box, very lightweight. and give you that needed sound improvement, i had my trial with the 2 12s hitting hard rattling everything in the car, well these p300s are awesome, none of that shit.

good place to look is either crutchfield or onlinecarstereo

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HB if you can get your system in around 50 lbs please let me know. That is about what I was hoping for but didn't think there would be many options.

Do the shallow mount subs still get down to the lower frequencies?

·
Registered
621 Posts
HB if you can get your system in around 50 lbs please let me know. That is about what I was hoping for but didn't think there would be many options.

Do the shallow mount subs still get down to the lower frequencies?
It's claimed they do. I've heard them in tricks and they hit good. Don't know any specifics as to what the freq range is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's claimed they do. I've heard them in tricks and they hit good. Don't know any specifics as to what the freq range is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Not really sure. I'm not really knowledgable with audio specs but i had 2 12" pioneer dvc subs in a of the shelf sealed box with a 1000 watt xplode class d amp that hit extremely well in my old eg coupe when I played my old Lil Jon and Jeezy cds lol. Just looking for a somewhat similar outcome while keeping the weight down

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those p300-10 come in at just under 30 lbs so I'd imagine the 12 is slightly heavier. Might have to check those out if I get too impatient

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
Wherever I can
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never heard of funky pup subs. Is that something really new or really old? lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts