Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on here and I am pretty new to the honda scene. I am running a 2001 civic LX and all I have on it is intake and a muffler. I drive it like it has a K20 in it but it is just the d17a1. I started it up the other day and my maint req'd light flashed 10 times and the car has a miss in it. I thought I might have burned a plug or wire but just wanted to check with some people a little more experienced than me to know why it is throwing that code. Thanks yall.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unxpecd1 said:
I started it up the other day and my maint req'd light flashed 10 times .
your going to need to change your oil soon. if you trow a CEL then that when you might have a problem.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
the main req light is nothing more than something to bug you and make honda money. you are suppossed to take it in to them when it comes on every ten thousand or so miles and they will do some sort of main on it. most of the time the main they do you can do in the drive way of your own home. when it comes on and stays on, do a search on how to turn it off, i know i have covered this before.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hold trip meter down while car is off, turn car to the on postion. keep trip meter down till the light turns off.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. Held down the button and it went away. Thanks for the help. Do you guys know where I can get a deal on some good coils? Got a miss and I replaced the plugs. Got about 50,000 miles on her and I figure the have been through alot of beatings.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
I hate to mention it, but that whole thing with the maint required light is in the manual. In addition it says what mileage numbers that it will come on at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts