Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a book so I hope you like to read! I have just recently done a couple of transactions with them. Their service has been phenomenal so far!

A few weeks ago I called inquiring about their DOHC ZC ARP Head Stud Kit and possibly price matching the Competition Clutch Forged Ultra Lightweight Steel Flywheel (PN: 2-702-STU) and an Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit (PN: 08801C); since I figured if I am going to be making some big purchases and this place has all the parts I want I can make them at the same place. They picked up the phone quickly and I was not put on hold. I explained I was interested in the DOHC ZC ARP Head Stud Kit and wondered if it was still offered the customer service representative was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was talking about and told me that they were still available but were a non-stock item that would be shipped from ARP so shipping time would be increased. I then asked if they priced matched and he told me yes. The customer service rep asked what parts I was interested in price matching and I gave him the name and part numbers and where I found the better price and he quickly found both parts and told me that they could price match both and one was even a slightly better deal. I thanked him for his time and hung up. At the time, though, I could not afford the clutch kit and flywheel but later that evening made the order for the head stud kit via their online store.

Fast forward, I received my head stud kit from ARP after a little while like they explained no issues. I got paid and still had some money saved up as planned for the clutch kit and flywheel. Since I was in a time crunch between school and work I shot them an email explaining the phone call I had a couple weeks ago. It was mid-day Friday, but they responded promptly as we discussed the order through email. They had told me that they sent the payment request through PayPal but I never received anything. I sent another email explaining I had not received anything but it was later in the day on Friday so I am sure they had already gone home (no biggie). Monday morning I had an email in my inbox saying they had resent the PayPal request and if I had received it. One or two emails later we realized that they had misspelled my PayPal address and sent it one more time, this time it went through and I approved the transaction.

Throughout the process their customer service representatives have been prompt, knew the parts I asked about, and were willing to help. Though, I have not had a chance to have an issue with a purchase or part to see how they handle things like returns, or warranty requests, but if their customer service so far is any indication I am sure it will be just as easy as ordering.

At this point I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to purchase a part through them. If I have any issues with my parts or order I will hopefully remember to update this thread to reflect any changes in my opinion of them.

The URL for their website is:
Lightning Motorsports - Made with bits of real lightning, so you know it's good ! - Homepage

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Atleast you had a good experience, I will NEVER buy from them again. I was purchasing arp head stud kit for an a6/y8 it took me almost 2 months and 0 emails or calls replied to when i finally told them to refund me my money and I went elsewhere, worst experience I have ever had and never even going to there agina.

·
Registered
840 Posts
looks like i found a new place to buy parts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I've dealt with them since I started messing with my car in 06. I got ARP's from them as well as the gasket set that's still in my engine 5 years later. I try to support them since they're in state.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
They are still around for a reason, customer service.
This.

I order just about everything from them. Always great service. And fun guys to hang out with at the track as well. I've taken advantage of that opportunity a few times in Vegas LOL.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my clutch kit in today! They told me it would be an additional like 7 to 10 days. When in reality it was only 10 days from the time of the order. That is on par with average shipping rates. With free shipping I am very happy!

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
I have done business with them for nearly 9 years. Excellent people, great prices, and way beyond great customer service. Tom and his crew are well worth dealing with for anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts