Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Lol, I did a quick search and found the polished ones and moved on, but:

^^^ That is a good looking wheel ^^^

Lol, I did a quick search and found the polished ones and moved on, but:

^^^ That is a good looking wheel ^^^
Gun metal is $100 more, but you do get "H" center caps thou...

I haven't compared weights in a couple of years, but for 15x7 Volk TE37's are the lightest option.

P.S. Anyone will notice the difference in a few pounds when steering (power steering will mostly negate this) at first, but unless you're a hardcore track (road course) person you won't be able to tell the difference after the first drive.

Not sure about currently either... But I thought the CE28 were lightest? (Now they got crazy special edition TE37 like the SL and I haven't looked into those weights).

The OEM si's are decently hefty tough. Any other these options will make a small noticeable feel in acceleration. Assuming that's mostly what the goal is...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yes, the same size tire will be fine on a 15x7 from a 15x6. I can't speak for Volk's, but the RPF1 is the lightest I can think of at 9.6lbs IIRC. They are $200+/ea new though. I think those Avanti's are just over 10lbs in the same size, and much more affordable.

You could source some Insight wheels, but they may be 14's, can't remember.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Thanks for the info xotic. I will search a bit more before I close in on a set to go with.

With rims being covered fairly well now, what about tires? I haven't seen many weights listed (but maybe I need to search harder).

If I end up going with a light rim but throw an overly-heavy tire on, I will be worse off then before!

By most of our standards, rims start being light under 12lbs, there are a lot to choose from for not too much money. If budget wasn't an issue, I would definitely go with the TE37, they weigh less than 9lbs and are forged, super strong.

i run 15x8 diamond racing steel rims. should be stronger than anything aluminium and IIRC they are in at 16lbs... so not as light as your looking for but for around $70 its a win win. I have hit walls, cars, and tire barriers with these things, bend it back, paint it white

Check out tirerack.com they have weights listed for all of their wheels

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Check out tirerack.com they have weights listed for all of their wheels
Yepp, that's were I have been looking. Found a few very promising combinations on their site. Going to look locally for a bit longer, but I may ultimately get a setup off of tirerack.

I would buy tires per application and not exactly for weight. I mean if you were trying to get tires for cornering... The sacrifice for weight vs grip is far greater towards grip...

So what do you intend to do with the car? What are you tying to achieve with strictly the lightest wheels.

I'm not sure of the math behind the following, but IIRC the idea is rotational mass is similar to losing 4x the weight savings. But again in cornering, braking and (depending on power) acceleration really depends on how much available grip you have. Weight just puts less strain on the tires in a sense.

HX wheels are great...I put them on my Fit with 5 mm spacers up front and they still gave better MPG then the steelies.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Are the stock EM1 si rims 15x6 or 15x7?? Wondering if I can swap my current tires mounted on the si rims into a set of enkei rpf1s (15x7 rim)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.