Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas i recently cut down my crank pulley got the weight down to half of a pound and wondering how i would go about balancing it would i need to put it on my cranks and have a machine shop balance the crank... would i need to balance it with my flywheel and clutch on also

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
how did u cut it down?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well it was cut down by me with a grinder its an extra and was bored should i just get the pulley balaced what about the flywheel should have already been balanced right its an act 12 pound flywheel

cause from what i read on the forums doing this can cause the crank bearings to wear alot faster and and cause it to tumble

·
6,693 Posts
flywheels come balanaced.. the pulley is prob not balanced at all since it was done with a grinder. i wouldnt do it.. i also wouldnt run a lightened crank pulley due to the damage it may cause

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it can be balanced by a shop right i still havent put the crank in so i can get it all balanced if need be

·
Registered
140 Posts
...i wouldnt do it.. i also wouldnt run a lightened crank pulley due to the damage it may cause
X2

Lighter crank pulleys aren't the greatest things in the world. Lighter isn't always better. You really need a dampner pulley that will even out the crank vibrations. I've blown out oil pump gears due to lack of dampners on all motor and turbo setups.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my crank pulley is like a pound lighter than it was stock so it shouldnt hurt to bad as long as its balanced... my oil pump is reworked also so would that make it less reliable

·
6,693 Posts
do what you want. but when ur shit blows up dont come back crying cuz all im gonna say is i told you so

·
Registered
140 Posts
well my crank pulley is like a pound lighter than it was stock so it shouldnt hurt to bad as long as its balanced... my oil pump is reworked also so would that make it less reliable
How are you expecting to balance this pulley, surely not with wheel weights or something taped to it....Surely not...

I've never had a reason to balance a pulley, i've only used stock and fluidampners style pulleys...

Oil pump being reworked huh, what exactly does that mean....

Regardless of weight, crank vibrations beat the bottom end hard if not dampned. It will basically rattle the oill pump and bearingz out the motor...Mechanical objects all throw some type vibration outward - none are healthy at higher RPM

I understand the concept of lighting the rotational mass but be careful and use at your own risk....

I'd go back to a stock pulley...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why would i put wheel weights on it i was going to have it balanced when i get the motor balanced this motor is definitley not going to rev high at all its a dohc zc 6500 is the most it will ever see im not into that drag racin ish...

reworked yeah with easier flow pressure and spin rating it was free so i said ill take it off your hands...

this motor being made for dd and some course racing maybe but it wont get beatin on like said before

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
3,888 Posts
i wouldnt risk it on a dd. also the last time i saw course racing usually stayed in the mid to upper rpm range. 1lb really isnt worth the risk. you say its free but the cost of ignorance is alot more

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
true yeah it was apealing cause i seen an unorthadox ultra r for close to 2 bills... i just figured i see how light it could get but i really dont like how those pulleys look cause i only need it for my alternator belt maybe i can get it to weigh the same with keeping the same look ill see what the guy at the machine shop says he can do for it and ill let you know of my experience

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
under 8 ounces for a pulley?

Hear me out.

Produce pics and weight or face lifetime ban.

Really simple. These stupid threads or yours are worthless.

Sorry, I was nice.

WAS.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It sounds like dohczc420 removed 1 lb of material from the stock pulley, meaning its probably still dampened, but out of balance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
traszex what i meant is i got it down to a half a pound less than the actual weight it weighed 3 pounds when i first weighed it and when i came back after cutting of the excess it weighed on my scale 2.5 after i cleaned everything up it weighed 2 pounds

thanks to those who help out when i post my "useless threads" and to the others sorry for the noob questions and FUCK YOU

SORRY I WAS NICE

WAS

HOW LAME DONT BE NICE SAY IT HOW IT NEEDS TO BE SAID I CAN TAKE IT WHAT WORDS ARENT GONNA HURT ME AND DAMN FOR SURE FACE TO FACE YOU WONT HURT ME SO SPEAK YOUR MIND ITS JUST A DAMN FORUM YOU WANT TO BAN ME DO IT I CAN STILL COME ON HERE TO READ

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
How many more stupid threads are you gonna create?

Really now.

With proper use of the search button you'd found the answer.

Also, gonna cost you $50-60 to have it balanced, if it can be balanced. WHile your out pick up a 20 lbs bag of play sand so you can extrude hone your intake with the engine running.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts