Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the concept of a lightened flywheel, BUT ive heard not to use them, because the weight of the heavier stock flywheel keeps your rpms up when you shift gears? what are the pros and cons on a lightened flywheel?

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DirtyDEF said:
Cons - the slower you shift, the faster RPM's drop; can be a pain to drive in stop-n-go traffic
but more power can compensate for this correct?
are the flywheels worth the money? do they make that much of a differnce on the street....i mean "track"? lol

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
If you get a flywheel go with the act streetlite. It is a great flywheel and more durable then the prolite. I have one with my exedy stage 1 and it is a perfect match, and to answer your question, yes they are worth it in the long run...

D

·
0 Posts
you will rev faster therefore you will drop rev faster at the track with a good shift setup I personally believe the flywheel to be a most beneficial upgrade on the street this may be different depends on your driving style so typically alot of ppl will hit the middle and get a 10-11 pound instead so some performance but still plenty of driveability. Basically opinions vary for street driven applications so all in all if you dont mind a driveability issue to deal with then go for it I plan to but Im not going lighter than 9.9lbs

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ordered a skunk 2 short shifter, knob and an energy suspension shift stabalizer kit.....i think im good, lol. i plan on getting a lightened flywheel (over 10bls;)) and an ACT Street Disc once im ready for the D16Z6 swap.....

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
88ED3 said:
i ordered a skunk 2 short shifter, knob and an energy suspension shift stabalizer kit.....i think im good, lol. i plan on getting a lightened flywheel (over 10bls;)) and an ACT Street Disc once im ready for the D16Z6 swap.....
Sounds perfect to me. :TU:

·
Registered
422 Posts
if your going to be driving the car out on the street i would not say get one.. its your dally driving i would not get it from what happind with my friend.just like they said the rpms drop really fast.. when your trying to start out you have to rev up alot higher then you normly would.. i tryed to drive it in stop and go trafic i could not.. its a pain in the ass. but thats just me.. but is it worth i dont know..

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I have the streetlite... It's great and definitely revs fast and made a difference compared to stock... the car is still totally daily driveable...

Then again I went from a stock B7 to my built turbo motor which lifts the front wheels from a roll in 2nd and 3rd despite having a quaife... mwahahaha

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Then again I went from a stock B7 to my built turbo motor which lifts the front wheels from a roll in 2nd and 3rd despite having a quaife... mwahahaha
Your doing wheelies in a FWD Honda?????? :liar:

I call BULLSHIT! :)

:mikej:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts