Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a call from my girl and her battery in the civic is going bad(wouldnt start since it got cold and it kinda old 5 years) i was lookin at the hawker battery weighs like 15 pounds. the thing is she has a little stereo in it 450 watts its easy in and easy out so it comes out when we are playing around at car shows or at the local track. im just woundering if this battery or if there is any lighter batterys would handle daily driving and a small stereo. if it wouldnt like the stereo i guess i could alwayz add a cap and just discharge it and recharge it when we took the stereo out. what do u all think

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Just Get a Optima! I have a redtop in my car and I have about a 3000 watts rms system going and have no problems w/ this battery, I have No powercaps either.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a yellow top and 2 caps in my car but shes just looking for something that weighs a little less then her stock battery thats about 5 years old and is not wanting to work when its cold out the stereo gets pulled a lot so it isnt in there much on weekends if we need a stereo thats when we take mine we wanna play around with ppl we take hers

wait is it wrong that my girls car is a LOT faster then mine hmmmmm oh well

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
an 11.5 lb hawker G13 has handled all my needs in both the old '02 Si and the new '91 CRX. Its good for starting the car, and I never sit with the radio on and the car off anyway, so I've never had a failure.

http://www.surplusev.com

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was wanting to hear since hers keeps diein on us time to find me one cheap

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
also look into the bosch dry cell range................optima is a bit pricey by my books, good quality, just pricey.........

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
my Hawker Odyssey PC680 should be here this week. I went with them cause they are dry cell (no liquid/gel), and I'll be mounting it like 12" behind the front seats in my crx. Plus they're like half the price and half the weight of Optimas.
check ebay for Hawker ($65 shipped).
screw optima
oh, and screw honda for selling me a $90 piece of shit OEM battery that died less than two years after purchase and they don't keep sales reciepts on file so I'm screwed outta my warranty.
blah.

-ic

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Nothing wrong with dry cells dude..........the stock stuff is shit, same deal happened with my friends honda.......only his was 4 months and it gave up the ghost.......HONDA SA were like...."you've added a CD player, it pulls more power....no go".

Can't go wrong with hawker though.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
220cca should be fine, my stock battery only like 200-250 cca (don't remember exactly what it was, all i know is that it was a very tiny number), and believe me i live in COLD weather, (last week it got to 1, with a windchill about -15-20)

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u know i didnt think about that cca rating im glad that was posted thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
im pretty sure hawker has different grades with different cca ratings... check out batterymart.com for specs,...

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts