Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some searching around here and am wondering if anyone has put any lexan in there 88 91 crx or even civic.I just ordered the back three pieces and am wondering how much weight others have shaved off. I'm sure its not much, just curious

·
Registered
721 Posts
lexan is super light and practically bullet proof, the only thing is it scratches really fuckin easy, and if your like me, I like my windows ALWAYS clean. If you do it you'll find after about a year you'll want to replace them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have have lexan on my rex for bout 2 1/2 years now and I simply love them with the waight reduction and add security of their strength. I have not had any scratch problems mainly b/c I use a product called Plexus to clean and protect the surface,it's the same stuff I use to clean my GSX-Rs plasctics and windscreen wich made outta the same stuff.
To futher enhance the weight reduction I have the carbon hatch as well.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The trick to using lexan is applying window tint to it on the out side, the film protect the lexan and is scratch resistant and easy to clean. Yes many people have lexaned crx's for pro classes and just to lighten the chasis up if your dont care about running in a street class

·
Registered
924 Posts
The only real weight savings will be in the windshield and the rear hatch. The rear side glass is so light that you would never be able to tell a difference. I found this out by taking them out and once I could hold them in my hand, I could tell how light they are.

·
Registered
510 Posts
No offense, but maybe your money is better spent in this area after you have already tuned your suspension and turbo. Seems like you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of things to do to the car :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I AM scraping the bottom of the barrel because i am running out of stuff to do, Suspension come on, that was the first thing i did I have s2 coilovers kyb adjustable gas shocks a full energy suspension poly bushing kit including trailing arms, front and rear strut bars and front and rear tie bars.I also have stainless steel lines and slotted and dotted rotors. I dont run turbo I have nitrous. and i just spent $900 on stage 2 port and polish and am going to be tuned again friday. The only thing that is not built on the car is the bottom end. I am getting the car repainted from the color you see in sig to championship white, so I want the underside of windows painted as well to avoid chipping and if you are like me, if you are going to do something you do it all the way. Thanks for the advice but i have it under control
Hey crxdxr where do you buy that plexus you are talking about, Thank You for your help P.S I LOVE TAX RETURNS

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
No sway bars?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope you got me their, dont need them for what i am trying to

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
FAL is right down the street from me. Last I heard they dont make the pre-made anymore. I make my own. Not that hard. Just time

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can make them yourself. Buy the material and use the glass as a templete. I did.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
are you going to post up a diy on dropping those Lexan windows. that would be great. :TU:

Reactions: NEP-tuningalltheway

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah no DIY i am getting the car repainted and i am going to have my body man do it, I dont fuck with body or anything like that, anything else no prob but i dont trust myself with new paint, it will be a month or too b4 i paint it. Oh i bought them from Percys speed glass web site

1 - 20 of 30 Posts