Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm on my venture for my first 10 second car. I'm getting down to the wire and have a goal to make it to a big local meet on April 24th. I currently have a set of small 22x8x13 slicks and think they are too small for my +500 hp. I have a good frind with 24.5x9x13 slicks I am going to borrow if I can't hit 10's otherwise. Here is my big question. I see lots of 24.5x8.5x15 slicks run 10's, however I have not seen a record number on a 22. I would think that a 22 on 13 rim would hook similar to 24 on 15 rim as the same sidewall. Any experience would be great

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
You will want the 24s the 22s are too short. The even faster guys are on 26 inch tires I believe. 22s were to short for my d and it ran high 11s. I know you are more rpm capable but I would go with 23s as a bare minimum.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a lot of rpm, im not worried about that. I already have them from my na car from last year. I'm more worried about spinning them than anything else

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Spinning can be an issue in any tire. You just have to adjust boost at launch to get the best out of it. Still you'll want the 24 but try both and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I've had best luck with 23" with a little over 400whp. Stock D16 Ratios, but I'm not sure what set up or motor you have. 24 sounds about right for 500hp cars

·
Registered
984 Posts
Im kind of in the same boat now. I have 22" slicks and its time to replace them. The difference with me is, 1) Im now d2b with a b16b s4c trans which is a little too low gear and a taller tire would help. 2) Im in a crx where a 24.5 is a tight squeeze in the wheel well. I may just go 23" and call it done.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little worries about clearance as well. My car is kinda low. I have my ground controls all the way up. I guess I could compression them some or take off the extended top hats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts