Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of any that actually work off a true boost setting, let me explain, I want a boost controller that when i set it to a number lets say 20 psi, it knows what 20 psi is and works on keeping me there, I have a profec b right now and it sucks, i have to watch the data logs or gauge to dial in the boost setting i want and as we all know the amount of boost generated by a turbo can go up the colder the air is, so when i start racing on friday afternoon and its hot out and i set it to 20 psi as teh night goes on and it gets colder out i start hitting my boost cut off and that makes me loose races. i want a boost controler that knows what 20 psi is and will keep me at 20 no matter the weather or other changes made, does the AEM tru boost work like this?

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pm sent i want to confirm that the tru boost works like this, meaning if i punch in 20 psi on the tru boost it knows what 20 psi is and regardless it will work on keeping me at 20 psi.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
my friend installed an aem tru boost controller, didnt work worth a fuck, it was all brand new to...now hes using greddy profec, and it works perfecto. Soooo...good luck.

ps tried selling the aem one, told everyone what it did, cuoldnt even sell itfor $80 !!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Don't you have s300? Wouldn't that be able to do that using a boost solenoid hooked up to it?

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have to have stuff installed into the ECU to use those features and buy the solenoid.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The solenoid is only $95 from Xenocron. I don't know about the upgrade for the Hondata. This would have to use the MAP sensor readings from the ECU, so it should do what you want (I'm not 100% sure, but would like to know the answer myself).

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i never priced the electronics for inside the ecu either, yeah i think it would do what i want to do as well. any way i ordered a AEM i will install in tomorrow and report what i find, if it dont work i will try and return it.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got the AEM tru boost today, i was at first very angry that some people i spoke to about it misled me, I clearly told every one i wanted a boost control that allowed me to enter in the PSI i wanted to run and i thought the AEM did this and i was even told it did this, well it dont, you must enter a duty cycle between 10 and 90 to control how much boost you have and this is exactly what i did not want. so after spending a couple hundred bucks and a few hours of time i came away no better then i was with my old boost control, the only good thing that came out of this was now my boost gauge and my AF gauge match. after doing some pulls and playing back the logs i decided to keep the AEM even if only due to it matching my other guage and since it seems to hold a steady boost line on the graph about the same as the greddy profec did. One thing i dont like is the display is about useless, it fluctuates so fast and so often that looking at it under hard accelerating just confuses you as to what its reading out. any way now i guess i will sell my profec and old gauge to try and recoup most of my investment.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hi,everyone!

Tried to search over here and google,but did not find any good write ups or necessary information.. :( Decided to continiue this topic.

So, I am looking for Electronic Boost Contollers,that could control different boost according to gear or speed! I am thinking of one because of wheel spin and too much power for 1st and 2nd gear when I am not on serious slicks..

The only ones I found are top end Blitz bost controllers and HKS EVC top end..

Anyone using them to control boost according to speed,gear or RPM?
Any pros and cons? Is it safe to use it, if prgrammed with Crome?

Hope for some response and useful information! Thank you. ;)

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
My tuner lives in other country and it will be hard to comunicate with him.

Any other useful information you can share?
apexi avc-r, expensive but you can control boost per gear with that.... dont have one but ive heard some good reviews on it.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya man aem ftw...i got one keeps boost where ya want it...plus its got scramble boost...peak boost mem....ect

well worth the 250 ish

ebay has them now for like 220 ish shipped

1 - 20 of 21 Posts