Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 days ago i noticed a weird noise when i take off from a stop to start.
My stereo dosent work so i normaly pic up on any weird noise's in my car fast.
It started to bother me the next day when i noticed it more .

So it basically is a poping sound were my axle's are
it only happens when i take off from a start to a stop
if i take off as slow as i possibly can (almost killing the car slow )
it dosent make it .

It also makes it when i let of the gas and im in gear and i use the car to slow me down ( only somtimes tho )

and also when i press on my breaks hard like stoping relativly fast .

So to me it sounded like my axle's , i took it into the shop the put in my new axle's they drove it said for sure its not my axle's . they think it could be somthing in my suspension.

Has anyone had this problem or would know a good place to start ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the vissable motor mounts they seem to be in good shape
I dont know alot about the subject but im starting to think it could be a mount that holds my tranny . how many mounts actualy hold your tranny ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
You didn't say what chassis it is? But either way there is one mount on the front, it mounts under the passenger side frame rail. Then there are smaller supports on the front and back of the block that hold the trans in place. Hard to explain, if you aren't familiar with them, just put it on stands (or ramps) and climb under there, they would be right along the oil pan.
My old integra made this noise as well. Almost like a clicking noise when I would take off. I ended up selling the car and never figured it out, Maybe also check out your front brake pads, if they are worn they could be sloppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts