Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrighty! So after the help of Boosted-ED-804 I got all my turbo goodies in.
This is my first build so i'm pretty excited
Here is what I have and/or am getting not all of its build related but it is stuff new to the car.. I'm always open to suggestion and advice so feel free to drop you 2 cents.

-Port and Polished D16a6 Head
-Rota Subzeros w/ Falkens
-Moroso Oil Pickup
-Moroso Oil Pan
-AEM Methanol Injection
-TIAL 38 mm waste gate
-Lov Fab Ram horn
- Bulls eye 55 a/r
-3" down pipe
-Go auto 2.5" charge piping
-Go auto u bend silicone turbo to charge pipe coupler
-3" Exhaust
-Precision 880cc injector's
-Inline Pro Feedline and Return line kit
-FMIC Polished "don't have dimension's"
-Tuner View II
-Fast turbo Vacuum Manifold
- Turbo Rebuild Kit (FJ)
- I Beams from (FJ)
-ES mount inserts
-Prothane Top mount inserts
-Stage 5 Comp Clutch
-Walboro 255
-Skunk2 weighted knob
-ES shifter bushings
-Omni 4 bar map
-Oil pressure sensor for TVII
-OEM Fender liners
-OEM third Brake light
- EdelBrock Performer X Intake Mani
-Koni Yellows
-GC Custom springs and sleeves
-Ebay strut bar
-Ebay top hats
- JDM fab catch can
-AEM Meth/Water Injection
-- S300 w/boost control
- LC-1 Wideband
- Inner fenderliners
- Delta Cam 260\272

New,upcoming and wishes
**Star means i have yet to buy**
*Professionally Ported A6 head
*Bisi Titanium springs and retainers
*Better intercooler
* New carpet
*LSD
*New Slicks
*Race traction bar

Here are some pics of my start that I hadn't put up.. Car had a D15b7 and was pretty much trashed compared to the way it is now.

The a6 I ran for a month or two last summer

Straightened out the Support.

New headlights, Fog lights, Touched up the bumper

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK ok I know it's been a couple days but things have been pretty hectic. It's looking like I won't be able to start actually building tell spring which probably would be better considering I wouldnt be able to drive her until then.
But here are some pics of my goodies any ways!

This is what all the goodies are going in.. I know I need to start my body work right after my engine

Turbo love
(Thanks for the diaper box Boosted lol)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K guys so I'm planning on starting my build this Sunday. I have a D16a6 and was gonna build that but a opportunity came up to get a d16z6 for 250 which is pretty descent for where I live.

What do you think? Keep with my orginal plan of a A6 or should I buy the Z6?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Questions:

1.Any one suggest a good place to pick up a 3bar map sensor with pigtail?
2. Any suggestions on what boost controller to get? I want to be able to control how much psi each gear has. Like 1st gear peak boost is 5, 2nd would be 8 and so on.
3. What other gauges should I get besides a boost one?
4. Where and or what type of wide band? Do i really really need one?

(Again i'm shooting for 350hp)

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Questions:

1.Any one suggest a good place to pick up a 3bar map sensor with pigtail?
2. Any suggestions on what boost controller to get? I want to be able to control how much psi each gear has. Like 1st gear peak boost is 5, 2nd would be 8 and so on.
3. What other gauges should I get besides a boost one?
4. Where and or what type of wide band? Do i really really need one?

(Again i'm shooting for 350hp)
Go for a omni power 4 bar they plug up like stock
there is a member selling a greddy profec B on here for a nice price and fuck boost by gear to be honest. I dont think you will need it for such power goals. I dont and wont use it and Im sitting on 250 now and going for 450.
tuner view 2 for the gauges I will be junking the rest of my rice for this less attention from the idiots on the road

And I sugest a wideband be it aem innovate what ever get one I would try the NGK to be honest.

ANy more questions I can answer

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your the shit dude!

2 questions

1)Do you have a link for the tuner view 2? I tried googling but didnt come up with one.
2) I looked for the Sale ad didn't find it. You wouldn't happen to remember who had it up for sale do ya?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys

One thing I need clarification on is if the Tuner View II shows me my oil pressure? Also I read that it shows AFR so do I still need a Wideband?

So this is what is on my shopping list. Let me know if anything is missing

1. Tuner view II
2. Omni 4 bar map
3. Greddy Profec B
4. Wide band

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys

One thing I need clarification on is if the Tuner View II shows me my oil pressure? Also I read that it shows AFR so do I still need a Wideband?

So this is what is on my shopping list. Let me know if anything is missing

1. Tuner view II
2. Omni 4 bar map
3. Greddy Profec B
4. Wide band
Ok yes the tuner view will show AFR's but you have to still have the wideband and controller you just wont need a gauge because you will hook it straight up to your ecu. Everything else looks good man

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any one know where I can buy all five motormount inserts from? Besides Energysuspesionparts.com? They said it will take a week to send them out and I need them this week! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update! Oooh The goodies

Alright so after realizing I missed alot of stuff when I was looking for the things I would need for my setup I took a step back and got pretty much every thing I need. Now I live far away from civilization so it takes a while to ship up here.
Here is what has arrived in the past week and the progress that has been made on the ride.

Pics of the engine pull

After the engine was pulled I decided to repaint the bay a silver color so it would contrast the metalic grey blue color i'm painting the body.
Here are before and after pics.

A closer shot of the color. It will be a little darker when it is under daylight.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now for the goodies I've gotten in. I would like to thank some people who helped the process. Boosted-ED-804 for great advice,Kit88 for a bangin deal, Graham at ES parts,Greg at Go-Autoworks and Jr at HR tuning for answering my many questions.

ARP head bolts and Tuner view 2

All 5 Motor Mount inserts and Shift stablizers

Skunk2 dual bend shifter and SK2 knob

Omni 4 bar map which was sent to me in a huge box considering it's size

Walboro 255

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got my Delta cam and Vacuum mani in today. The post office lady usually leaves the stuff on my door and today she left it there but we were having 40mph winds and when i got home from work they were sitting in puddles. Luckily they were packed good :bigok:

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
wow bud. props. keep asking the questions you have so everyone can continue to guide you in the right direction.

looks amazing and all the parts youre running are great. IMO you should easily get 300whp with all that. I'm actually planning to tune a stock block Z6 to 300+whp in about a month. My friend is taking preparations for the fuel and turbo etc, to help make the process easier and safer.

You my friend are humble and smart.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Are lightened fly wheels worth the money? I can get a zex 7lb for 100.00$ but i'm not sure if its worth it. What you guys think?
7lbs are to light I have a 7lb and dont like it it be honest I think Im gonna change to a 12lb one. Check LSD they have a 12lb for about that

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my Stage 5 clutch in today. Thank you to Greg at Go-Autoworks for a good deal on shipping and following up with me about the fact USPS opened the package up. Dooche bags could have at least re packed it right. .
I would like to take this moment and say USPS SUCKS!

Here are some pics

I got a chance to hook up my Tuner view II. Pretty sick lil thing. Was a bit of a pain getting the drivers to work right on Vista but after some time got it figured out.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I've been trying to find the front two fender liners for my Del but have had no luck. Looks like I am gonna buy some off Hondaparts.com.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts