Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my build im coming up with 13.40:1 comp on the zeal autowerks calc with a z6 headgasket and .28 off the head and .40 overbore.

Now if i have this correct from what don told me is that the piston pin is moved up 2mm on the piston, wich is basically destroking the engine by 2mm correct? wich if i plug that into the calc, it lowers my comp down to 11.63..

With a y8 2 layer headgasket i get 12 flat out..

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Moving the piston pin is NOT destroking. Keep stroke the same. If the piston pin moves up or down, then all it does it change the volume at TDC.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
you need to actually change the rod length or crank to stroke/destroke and engine
You just need to change stroke; "incorrect" rod length from stroking/destroking, and even just using longer/shorter rods with stock stroke could always be compensated through different piston compression heights.

You'd mess with the compression height. 2mm up=2mm reduction in compression height.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
how does this not decrease the stroke? how do you measure stroke. the distance the piston moves down the bore.

wait you mean the piston pin is 2mm lower? in my head and with my hands.... higher would increase the stroke at BDC. no DERRR!!!! ok yeah, you said it's going to decrease your compression.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts