Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bong:eek:k sorry if this is not "forced induction" but i figured some of u FI guys might know...im getting some used micky thompson 22x10x13 for free and thinking about picking up some Lenso's.... i know 10in wide is frickin wide..but u guys think it'll fit on the 13x7.5?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they will fit on the rims and be fine...

but will they clear all of your suspension and such?
thats the question i was steering towards....well i guess i wont know till i try it...thanks for the imput guys...

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
not entirely worthless since they are free and will "hook" better then a normal street tire, they are about as good as a drag radial. but definitely not as good as a true drag slick.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
drag radials don't have stiff sidewalls.

20x8x13's Hoosiers don't hook, I doubt the bigger one will either.

The main problem though is the tire compound. Drag radials and slicks are made to work at a low temp, say 120-130 degrees where as road race compounds like 160-170.

They will go into wheel hop very easy, and that will hurt axles and trannys.

What info is listed on the sidewall?

Like C3000 or any other design number. Should be a R45 compound, require a 10" rim, seems like a F/SR tire

43298 or 43301?

http://www.racetire.com/products/hoosier_product.htm

·
Registered
867 Posts
Like Transzex is saying, they may start out being free.
You need to add mounting.
Do you have rims for them?
I seem to remember something in the rule book about, the wheel studs must come through the lug nut...

Add in the possibility of a broken axle, and then realizing you should have listened to the expert, that's priceless.

What I do with old tires or free junk tires is use them as holders for engine blocks.

You need something like this,

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
If it was a normal drag slick and not a tire designed for OPEN WHEEL racing, maybe.

Here is the car the tire is designed for.......

http://www.scca-enterprises.com/fscca_srscca.html

Scrool down to the tire spec, doesn't that #43301 in R45 compound ring a bell? Like I posted above :)

Knowing that they have been heat cycled twice or more, likely "done".......

Now, if they were cantilever walled, they would fit onto a smaller rim, like the 20x8x13's I have that fit perfectly on a 13x5 steelie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts