Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my EP3 in early March of 2014, I bought it from a friend that had a kid and had to let the car sit for a few years with some mechanical issues (and clutch). The day I got it, only modification was Tein S.Tech's (I helped install them way back).

Sat in the garage for two weeks while I replaced..
Exedy DC5 OE Clutch/OEM DC5 Flywheel
Fuel Filter
Battery
New Vtec Solenoid
Plugs/Wires
HAWK Brake Pads/OE Rotors (all 4)
New OEM Carpet/Si Floor Mats
And other misc maintenance items..

Now Comes the Fun Stuff!

First I installed a..
Buddy Club Short Shifter
JVC Bluetooth Radio
Detailed/Vacuumed my new carpet :laughing:

On the outside I did..

AEM Cold Air Intake (put on a K&N filter)
Type S Rear Sway Bar
New OEM Honda EP3 Links
ES Motor Mount Inserts (only done one so far!)
16x7" Konig Feathers and 205/50 BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2's

*****Update!****

Buddy Club camber kit (adj upper control arms) and ASR subframe brace, dc5 sway, new oem links, Tein S.Tech springs, oe struts. And finally done with the suspension besides maybe a few more bushings.

Note: I didn't opt for purple, it was just a good deal..!

Ready for pollen season to be over!

Now on to the motor :D

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Nice find. Super clean. Nice mod list with saved cash :bigok:

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man! And yeah I am still below what I was probably going to spend and I LOVE the hatch and interior in general. Feels like a big CRX! I originally planned on just fixing the electrical issues, clutch, and maintenance issues and try to find a new CRX to race but once I drove the car around a little (or limped it around haha) I figured I should just try and get the best of both worlds. And the brakes/suspension feels awesome and no big brakes or anything of that nature so I am still ST class.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Most over look these. Nice work thus far. I like.

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
Even though the EP3 is the "bastard child" of the civic's, I like the little things. Well, except for their horrendus rear suspension geometry.

But they make super fun street cars, and of course everyone loves K power! I totally agree with you on putting a diff in it though, easily the best upgrade you can make.

Enjoy the new ride OP :)

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Enough talk about what you did, what did you pay!?

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any one in the Carolina's/VA i'll be at the tar heel autoX event in Fayetteville, NC. It's Saturday May 17th? (i think). But putting off the motor swap til at least the end of the autoX season. But because of that I will be purchasing a Race Header and doing the exhaust hopefully in the next month.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
All I have left from my original maintenance, suspension, exterior, and interior list is the rear motor mount. I've just been lazy with it because their always a pain.... But just ordered another new goodie that requires me to do that rear mount.

Once I get the header I'm gonna run it for a little while, probably til I kill the stock muffler and go full 2.5" with vibrant resonator and hushpower muffler. After that k-pro. And I'll start looking into a k24a2 once this years autox season is over.

Rainy day civic

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just saying......

Not positive what tranny that is! Installing a clutch is the most tranny work I've done :D . Is that a a2 casing with a LSD and gears with the si 5spd final drive?

If so I'd like that! I love the aggressive final drive of the si with k24's torque I think it'll be great dd/autox

1 - 20 of 57 Posts