Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents,

Here's the story.

Bought Innovative mounts for me Acura 1.6 el from Logic Motorsports last fall. In 3500km I blew apart the rear trans mount, No Launches and Granny shifting as well. They were the red ones. LOGIC MOTORSPORTS were supposed to warranty for black inserts...that was 6 months ago and no help to date. Seemed to be on the ball at first, not anymore. They were gonna ship some black inserts to try and resolve the issue. Still waiting. Innovative won't return messages or calls either. Winter's almost done, and I want this before spring comes, the OEM I fear will not hold up much longer when the car comes out of storage.

UPDATE! UPDATE!

I had contacted Innovative direct as the supplier for the mounts fell way short. The service was actually outstanding. To my surprise they sent ALL new replacement bushings, updating the rear to black to eleveate the issue with it tearing itself apart. VERY happy. 21.00 shipped to CANADA with WARRANTY written on the box, no worries on duty, and flew through customs.

Nice to see a company stand behind their product, good on ya.

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will look through emails I sent him. Between the ipad and laptop somewhere.

Standby.

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
My experience with that company has been nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Found em.

I heard Innovative was spot on, this is why I have waited so long to see if things would work out before coming on here and asking for some assistance. Even Logic was great at first, communication was outstanding, now I'm being dodged. For me it's all about the principal of things. You say it's warrantied, pony up. You say you will look after it, make it happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Things must have changed since the last time I dealt with Innovative because they did more than I was expecting. I called up looking to buy replacement pucks, and they said the would ship them to me if I paid for shipping (if memory serves me correctly).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just looking for new inserts and only the rear in a 75a instead of a 60. I don't believe someone should have to play games to make things right. Principal is all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know it doesn't make it right, but you could gut the mounts you have now and fill them with Window Weld urethane. Let them setup and cure for a few days in a warm area (average house temp) then reinstall them.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Warranty Info :

Steel and Billet Engine Mounts have are warrantied for life. If a mount breaks or EVEN if the urethane wears out, your mount can be sent in and replaced free of charge. NOTE: Shipping costs are not covered. A shipping credit can be ordered from our site here. Any funds left over after shipping will be automatically applied back to your card. Bushings are also sold in pairs if you would like to perform the warranty work yourself or in a country where it would be less expensive just to order the bushings than send the kit back to us. Drop a note in the box with your contact info and return postage OR order number for the shipping estimate. Your mounts will be repaired and ready to ship the same day we receive them.

Be sure to purchase the right urethane stiffness for your driving conditions. The 60A are intended simply for daily driver applications, any track use or excessive driving will effect the life of these bushings. It is highly recommended that all H/F/J/K Series motors run 75A or higher due to the weight of the motor.

Warrany Address:
Innovative Mounts
1366 N. Hundley St.
Anaheim, CA 92806

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,

I fired off an email to them, let's see what happens....too bad shipping to the Canadian east coast is always a P.I.T.A.

·
Registered
789 Posts
worst case you can order new inserts directly from innovative. I just had to order a new drivers side mount and it was some what of a pain. First they sent me the wrong mount and then I had to send pictures of everything to prove it was their mistake. Then it took 15 days for them to get me the mount I ordered and I had to pay for the shipping for it. Opened the box and it had the wrong insert in it and the return shipping label they gave me wouldnt work either. So the post office was nice enough to let me ship it back with out paying I just had to buy a box and and then the post office marked it postage due. Also when I checked out it was 199.96 and then I got charged 200.12 not a huge difference but its still not right and they charged my account for both at first and then retracted the 199 charge and they also never refunded me for the $10 I had to pay to be able to get my mount from the post office.

In the end it was a pain getting my mount and I can't say I think the best of them but they are not the worst I suppose.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Innovative will send you inserts for the price of shipping, no questions asked, at least they did for me when I bough some second hand that needed new inserts.

However, it could be their customer service needs a bit of sprucining...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
This is the before and after shot of mine. I still have to put them in the car and see how they work out.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
I have a similar story with Avid at the moment.

Im considering just shelling out the 400 for HaSports

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have a similar story with Avid at the moment.

Im considering just shelling out the 400 for HaSports
I am not sure hasport is any better... About 10 years ago their customer service led me to throw my 1 year old mounts in the trash, and they were $650 then. Maybe they have improved?

I tried to get inserts for price of shipping only and they shot me down. Stock zc and rear mount elongated.
Having spoken to innovative on the phone, and having modified my innovative mounts I can tell you that they admit that the 95a inserts have to be custom machined down to fit in each mount, and it wouldn't surprise me if the 75a ones did as well. My mounts had an inside diamater variance of over 1/8" in a matched set, so they might just be unwilling to send out any inserts at any price over a specific durometer so it isn't so obvious how sloppy their machining tolerences are.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts