Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys

My setup is-D15B head on D16A6 block with head skimmed,Megan header,,FPR,50-57mm exhaust

I am torn between getting the 75.5mm P29's or staying with the PM6 with my Crower Stage 2 cam.My comp is believed to be at 11.0 at the moment and I wanted to know what the least compression is?

Reason me asking is that our pump fuel is 95unleaded and dont want to constantly drive the car on octane boosters or race fuel as it is a dd.

Your help is appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
What do you mean "least compression"? 95octane is pretty damn good...wish I had that here. You could run 12.0:1 with a tune and be just fine..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a tune and 95 octane...you should be fine....

I know its not a car but my bike has 13.0:1 with no issues....
Thanks for the input man,most B20's are running 11.5 at most and just curious why they havent gone higher than that

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
it's hard to say the exact amount of power could make out of 95 octane as lots of factors can change your ONR. but like was said, 95 ridiculous (in a good way) and you shouldn't have any problems. people run 12.1 on 91, and boost on 91.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's hard to say the exact amount of power could make out of 95 octane as lots of factors can change your ONR. but like was said, 95 ridiculous (in a good way) and you shouldn't have any problems. people run 12.1 on 91, and boost on 91.
Will 11.5 be sufficient to get good gains from the Crower Stage 2?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I see it like this. the effective cr on boost is even higher the 12.1. so I'm not exactly afraid of 12.1 esp, not with 95 octane. if it where me I'd run as much as I can. do some research and see whats the highest anyones ran.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see it like this. the effective cr on boost is even higher the 12.1. so I'm not exactly afraid of 12.1 esp, not with 95 octane. if it where me I'd run as much as I can. do some research and see whats the highest anyones ran.
Thats my problem,South Africa is a B series country so there is very little for me to go by,hence me searching on here

No one else has had the balls to get a Crower Stage 2 like I did.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Then they aren't good tuners...You can prolly learn to tune yourself and do it. Just do it on a dyno. There are some guys around here that have some good basemaps (obd1 ones for sure) for high CR setups...My setup might be ok for you, just pull some timing, i'm running the same setup with about a 10:1 CR

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah with 95 id do it and not think twice.i was reading a thread the other day talking about 10:5:1 i believe and 87 or 89 octane. depends on piston design and other goodies. but with 95 no worries at all.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
OP; where are you from? is your fuel 95 RON? or 95 (R+M)/2??

North american fuel is rated by averaging the RON and MON values.

95 RON would be equivalent to our 90/91 (R+M)/2 here.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
and boost on 91.
careful when you say that.. since boost and NA have much different needs when it comes to ignition timing. which is the main key. making the most use of the cr AND pump gas.

depends on piston design and other goodies.
something a d-s doesn't have working in its favor. BUT 95 should be good for 12:1 with out issues.

OP; where are you from? is your fuel 95 RON? or 95 (R+M)/2??

North american fuel is rated by averaging the RON and MON values.

95 RON would be equivalent to our 90/91 (R+M)/2 here.
good catch...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts