Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to engine building, this is my first "project car", it's a 2000 Civic DX. I did some investigating, and found that the car is completely junked because of the poorly-done aftermarket parts that were put on before I had bought it. It has a cold air intake (filter rubbed against the intake mounting bracket that it wasn't even attached to, wore a series of holes through the filter. I bought it this way) and its exhaust is jury rigged from a 2 inch pipe coming from the cat to a 1.5 inch pipe on the aftermarket exhaust. So basically, there's about a 2/5 inch gap in my exhaust piping between my muffler and my cat. Now, my question:

Now as most of you probably know, the throttle body is faced vertically and has flat intake runners. Is there any way to do a horizontal intake manifold swap like in other D16s? I imagine it's a bolt-on, "simple-as-that", but I don't want to FIX the issues this car has, not make them worse by doing something I don't already know. I also don't want to spend 700 dollars to make the problem worse, or walk out to my car with my toolbox and the parts to find out I need something else. Help?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
His car is a 2000 DX its all ready MPFI?

The Y8 manifold swap is basically plug and play.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes if you have a y7 engine and ecu. Try to get the throttle body for it also if you want it plug-n-play.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Yes if you have a y7 engine and ecu. Try to get the throttle body for it also if you want it plug-n-play.
As the man says.

Y7 use the 3 wire iacv and so does the y8 auto. It makes everything plug and play if you go with a y7 ecu.

But yes your need to do a y8 intake manifold swap. There is a great guide on this site.

And post pic for the exhaust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts