Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just had a question about the best way to learn the internals and how it all fits together. I can look at pictures, but i would rather take one apart, not mine since its a DD. I wanted to know if it is possible to get a cheap blown motor or something to take apart and put back to gether to learn it better. Only looking to spend no more than like 30 bucks since it will be no use to me other than knowledge. Sorry if this is a stupid question i am just eager t learn more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i just like call a dealership and ask um or do i need to know somebody. too bad canada is too far

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i like going to junkyard work on one motor fix whats wrong n turn it on LOL its fun people look at u wierd

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I did the same thing with intent to rebuild...got a z6 long block and 2 trannys for cheap. Torn into the two trannys and torn apart the block. Now I know what to look for and what is what. Very good way to learn first hand.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
go to the junkyard and tear one down. you don't even have to buy it. you can pull and tear down the engine in one day, so you don't have to pay anything but entrance fee.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
When i was in college doing auto tech, i used to take apart engines laying around when i was waiting for everyone to finish their assignments. I've taken apart a whole bunch of different motors, even a flat design air cooled VW from who knows when lol. It's the best way to learn anything and thats with experience.

·
Registered
944 Posts
why an junk engine?
buy an old with high mileage and buld them up slow

thats how i started to learn the basics
i recommed an old toyota engine, cause theyre very easy sticked together
or if you dont have any corolla just an old a6
such an sumpel engine

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I bought 2 blown d16z6s from the kid who sold me my car for 40 bucks...

so far I've sold over 100 worth of parts from the two :lol:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
A spare engine+HELMs manual. :) If you look in the right places, you can get a blown block for free. Also, there's many HELMs manuals for download(although I recommend you buy one).

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
tear into your daily and then you have no choice but to get it done right
Ya but then you end up getting carried away w/ your DD sitting on jack stands, no front suspension, gutted interior, and a missing firewall. Ah, just the thought of it makes me :thehump:

·
Registered
1 Posts
'im on the same page with the engine learning but i think i'll purchase a d16a6 and build it little by little. Too bad i can' t look at the clasifieds . im sure some1's got one laying around near new jersey(hint,hint)

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
'im on the same page with the engine learning but i think i'll purchase a d16a6 and build it little by little. Too bad i can' t look at the clasifieds . im sure some1's got one laying around near new jersey(hint,hint)
I'm sure someone does but even subversive attempts to buy can get you banned or atleast extremely neg repped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts