Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
i have a issue with a lean mixture 15.5-16.5 afr (with no bog) at cruise light throttle opening, (not related to the tip in function).
WOT tip-in from a closed throttle AND anything i do with the throttle above +-900mbar is fine and i have no lean condition,

but any small throttle change get me a lean spot for a second, and then goes back the the afrs i tuned,
for example:
if i cruise at 3000rpm 480-530mbar at steady 13% throttle i get normal afrs
, but if i increase the throttle to 20% and stay at 20% and stay in the same cell that i reached to at 20% throttle,(no matter if slow or fast throttle response) afrs go lean for a second and then goes back to what i tuned in that cell, (all the cells between thous two cells also got a got a good afr at steady throttle,)

the wideband readings in the logs are alittle off, actual gauge shows richer when rich and leaner when lean, about 0.5 afr on both sides,

setup is:
neptune
D16Z6 CP pistons, ramhorn manifold, 5858bb.
simens 830cc injectors, saturated
70mm throttle, edelbrock intake manifold,
-external fpr. base pressure of 43 psi
-iat corrections are all zeroed in the low mid and high load,
-no exhaust or vac leaks
-ecu with new caps (also tried a different ecu)
-all new cap rotor and oem coil

folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddi5udlg4w4tdhg/AABNJK7bLZhwHWwIwi5xW4qYa?dl=0

map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvllrddbnvz46yb/bkr8.ncl?dl=0

datalog 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mq2o4qzly73aax/1.dlg?dl=0
datalog2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62sk6t6khqeoqxt/3.dlg?dl=0

THANKS ALOT

RACEPAK

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Post a video.
Sounds kinda normal.
Crusing around 14.7 afr, 18% throttle, press gas a bit to speed up.
Afr goes leaner i.e. 14.7 then 15.6 then down to 13.9

If yours is doing something like that then its normal.
Same thing then your idle then rev it should go lean for a split second then to normal AFR for that cell

·
Registered
504 Posts
agreed, sounds normal to me. also, Neptune has the ability to have you record what your gauge says. go into preferences and logging and you can adjust it there. what input are you using for your wideband?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys

its more like 15.9-16 when i give it some throttle,

ill post a video tommorow, but in general idea yes, it matches your description xile6.

i'm using d14 for wideband input, but i dont have a problam with the input, the car actualy goes lean,

thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I understand that the gauge reads lean, but that's normal. I'm trying to help you with your logging. using d14 it only reads 0-3.8v, it's not a truefully 5v input, so you have to scale your wideband accordingly, that's why it's logging off. easier thing would be to move it to d10 or d12.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
spikes when your increasing throttle means your not injecting enough fuel in the transition from steady state to whatever % throttle your giving it.

I think neptune has a setting or table for fuel enrichment during transition.

·
Registered
504 Posts
there is no reason to adjust it. I'd be ready careful adjusting the tip in as you can get it way out of wack really fast. 16.0 for a breif second at low load won't hurt anything. in fact, I cruise around that mark, sometimes a little leaner with 0 issues.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
there is no reason to adjust it. I'd be ready careful adjusting the tip in as you can get it way out of wack really fast. 16.0 for a breif second at low load won't hurt anything. in fact, I cruise around that mark, sometimes a little leaner with 0 issues.
..Dude what?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the replys ,
my issue is not tip in,
tip in works perfectly when jabbing the throttle, i have no problem leaning it out or making it richer,

my problem is at small throttle changes,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts