Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine started running hot today, going from hot to cold ever 30 seconds or so... let it cool off and had to put water in the radiator as i was at teh mall and ddidnt want to drivve home a nd risk it overheating... i had it idleing after i put the water in and noticed it dripping off the driverside of the oil pan... checked all the hoses and didnt feel anything wet... so is is safe to assume that my waterpump is leeking somehow? it seems like it is leeking somewhere on the sidde of the engine... nd no hoses go on the side of engine... so water pump right? let me know what yall think. after i put the water in it isnt running hot, only seems to leek when the motor is running.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool. yeh i am pulling everything to put in a 4 speed in 2 weeks anyways. guess ill pick up a new water pump too. timing belt only have like 10,000 on it so i aint worried about that. i aint gonna bother with any other seals or nothin, i just need it to run problem free for the next 6 or so months, i got another bottom end imma start building here soon, shouldnt take too long. i hope. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Re-torque the head bolts while the valve cover is off. Honda water pumps normally last forever. The leaking wp may be a sign of a bigger issue.

been there done that.

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Most likely the water pump o-ring/seal around it connecting it to the block which wears out and develops a leak. I changed my o-ring and waterpump/timing belt over 7000km and it's been good ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts