Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Wild Bush Appeared!"
???
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep so I found out tonight that I was leaking something from my engine bay. It seems like it is a slow leak but I am still unsure. I believe that it is my transmission fluid since it doesn't really "feel" like oil. I have to take some pictures to be sure, however. There is some kind of liquid/sludgy type substance all over the casing of my transmission and some of it is on the block as well. I will have pictures for you to look at tomorrow but since its night time, goodnight and I hope to read some thoughts of what "might" be the problem when I get up.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
well i don't your setup, but if applicable, check the vtec solenoid and make sure all of the oil pan nuts are tight. there's not much near the tranny that can leak oil so you're probably right in assuming its tranny fluid. check anything that you've messed with in the past couple of weeks.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
it could possibly be your distributor o ring. those things like to leak out and get on the block but more so on the trans and leak down making it look like you have a bad axle seal or something. also check your oil pan. rear main seal all good?

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
molydenum disulfide grease from axle boot
tranny axle seal
dizzy seal
vtak
main seal

maybe your evap canister decided to take a poop

hey jew whats up with td16...?
molecule

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
it could possibly be your distributor o ring. those things like to leak out and get on the block but more so on the trans and leak down making it look like you have a bad axle seal or something. also check your oil pan. rear main seal all good?

i was thinking there was something on that side of the head that could be leaking....the dizzy o-ring! i had one go bad once so definitely check that.

i drank too many beers tonight to be trying to answer questions :alky:

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Drop a good-sized piece of cardboard under it and narrow down where it's coming from to begin with. Then take the time to clean what you can around the "leaking" around and let the car idle for a bit. If no leaks occur, take it out for a quick spin and come back and examine.

GL!

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Drop a good-sized piece of cardboard under it and narrow down where it's coming from to begin with. Then take the time to clean what you can around the "leaking" around and let the car idle for a bit. If no leaks occur, take it out for a quick spin and come back and examine.

GL!
:TU::TU: What I do for my ever leaking a6 haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts