Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

As the title suggests I'm having a strange issue with my clutch on my 1992 Sol running a D15.

I've swapped my clutch line over to a full braided line from Master to Slave, I then bled it with a pressure bleeder (very messy as the universal cap does not fit properly)

Anyway, I got it bled and it felt ok, but as soon as I reversed into the garage the engine started to stall and then the clutch pedal stayed down.

I've since checked all connections and replace the hose from the master to the reservoir, however it is still leaking out of the lid of the reservoir.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to replace my master cylinder this weekend as I have a spare laying about and hope that this fixes the issue.

Thanks in advance

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
why not re-bleed it the proper way? have someone push the pedal while you break open the bleeder on the slave. sounds like the fluid isn't going down the line if its flowing out of the lid

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Hi

As the title suggests I'm having a strange issue with my clutch on my 1992 Sol running a D15.

I've swapped my clutch line over to a full braided line from Master to Slave, I then bled it with a pressure bleeder (very messy as the universal cap does not fit properly)

Anyway, I got it bled and it felt ok, but as soon as I reversed into the garage the engine started to stall and then the clutch pedal stayed down.

I've since checked all connections and replace the hose from the master to the reservoir, however it is still leaking out of the lid of the reservoir.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to replace my master cylinder this weekend as I have a spare laying about and hope that this fixes the issue.

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you didn't do it right in the first place.

You still have air in the lines. Since liquids don't compress it will take the path of least resistance, ie- you reservoir cap

or you still didn't do it right and you jack shit up and broke some other shit

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
^ 2x
Re bleed it.
The easy way is take a hose that fits the nipple.
And run it down into a cup of fulid.
The lossen the bolt and wait a min for the fluid to flow down the hose into the cup.

Then pump the pedal.

The air will go down the hose and bubble to the top of the fulid in the cup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts