Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just getting ready to do some maintenance on the ol' d15b7. Noticed some gunk mostly around cylinder #4 fuel injector and some around #3. I'm assuming its just the injector base o-ring or "bushing". I know my valve cover is weeping a little but its totally dry between the valve cover and injector. Is there anything else I should look for? I know there is a coolant passage on the intake gasket there but I wouldn't think that would seep out through there!

Just ordered; timing belt, water pump, a6 cam with cam seals, tie rods, new oil pan and gasket, black box o-ring, distributor o-ring, fuel injector o-rings, pcv valve. And some other stuff I will probably remember when the boxes all get here haha!

The car is a 306,000 mile '93 civic LX D15B7 with Z6 intake and a few other mods. I couldn't really think of any other maintenance to do to it, runs pretty good! Just want to keep it going strong.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! That's what I was hoping for!

Thank you.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Make sure to replace the coolant hoses, too. Any old vacuum lines should also be replaced. Sounds like it's been quite good engine for you, with over 300k on it. The only things that I can think of to watch out for, at this point, are your valve seals and piston rings. That's a good bit more work, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure to replace the coolant hoses, too. Any old vacuum lines should also be replaced. Sounds like it's been quite good engine for you, with over 300k on it. The only things that I can think of to watch out for, at this point, are your valve seals and piston rings. That's a good bit more work, though.
Thank you, yeah I forgot about that kind of stuff. I put a new radiator and coolant hoses in a little over a year ago. I have an extra head on the bench I might toss some valve seals in if it starts consuming more oil. Seems to run pretty clean though, an occasional puff of smoke when I really put my foot in her arse! That doesn't happen too often though!

It's been a good car, gets right at 40mpg, unless I'm using that 87oct with ethanol in it they just introduced into this town. I try to get straight 87, but it is becoming hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts