0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my coolant is leaking from here

but no hoses connect to this

what should i do?!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ok, the hose goes to the side of the IACV that has the plug on it....

if its leaking out of the part where the round tube goes into the block, it needs a new o-ring in there....

It's all pretty much straightforeward...

If the manifold was on the car, and you were looking from the same direction as the pic, the hose goes out that port, snakes up under the intake manifold, and plugs into the IACV on the left!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh no thats fine, check my pic again theres another tiny hose thats leaking coolant

the other pipe is already connected to iacv and thats not leaking

in my picture there is a red square - its leaking there

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ok, on the pic, the long tube coming from the water pump to the thermostat housing... where it comes from the water pump side, (disconnect everything holding the thermostat housing to the block) it should pull out of the block with some "gentle persuasion". There is an O-ring around that big tube on the end where it's stuck in.... it can be a bitch to remove sometimes, because it likes to build up rust and deposits there.

That O-ring is probably the culprit...

it shouldn't be too hard to remove it and replace.... but it does look like that motor had overheated... so where did you get it? cause if its overheated something else might happen down the road.... just FYI.

The yellow arrow is where the oring is... inside there,

The green arrow, points to the outlet going to the IACV

the Turquoise arrow points to one of the few thermostat housing bolts you need to remove to take the tube assembly off

The red arrow(s) are pointing to the OIL breather box, it needs to be removed to take the tube out. It also has O-rings, but they dont commonly fail.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts