Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a complete rebuild on d15b1. Even rebuilt the 4 speed trans. The problem is that's it leaks out the weep hole between block and trans. I pulled the oil pan and resealed it. Still leaked. Pulled trans again, new rear main seal,...still leaks. It leaks about a few tablespoons when i park the car. If I start the car and let it idle it doesn't leak. Only after a drive around the block it will leak then stop. Sort of like the oil drains to the pan and then it stop. I cannot believe the crank needs to be sleeved or was in poor condition so sealing is bad., Upon inspection the crank surface looked fine. Pilling the trans again would suck as I want sell the car (90 civic wagon base model). Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Did you look at the input shaft seal when you removed the transmission the second time?

What color is the fluid?

not leaking parked, but leaking after driving kinda points finger at tranny fluid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long story short, I replaced POV thinking about too much pressure in block. Still leaks as before. I guess the Tranny must come back out. I did a complete rebuild of 4 speed manual. New synchros, bearings, seals....etc. I meant PCV valve. I cannot express 4 letter words here, but you all know where I am coming from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts