Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to the people in advance..

i tried serching thrue the fourms and cant seem to find my answer so here it goes.

usually when i launch i burn out and my car takes off fast and it was a smooth launch but recently when i try burrning out my tires start to skip and from inside it feels like my car is jumping up and down from the front!!

what can seem to cause this?

my tires have way more than 70% percent of thread left..

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
are you simply "dropping" the clutch? if so, you need to stop doing that. the hopping is very bad and will break a lot of things if you keep doing it. you need to learn to pre-load the drive train.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you simply "dropping" the clutch? if so, you need to stop doing that. the hopping is very bad and will break a lot of things if you keep doing it. you need to learn to pre-load the drive train.
yes i think i am!

well sadly im a noob at this..

when i try launching what i usually do is hold down the clutch halfways not all the way down and rev it to about 3500 and at the same time let go of the clutch and gun the gas!

before this it use to lauch soooo nice now its jumping ans sputtering

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Imagine this, every time you do that your basically hopping the wheel into the air, then it spins really fast and then suddenly hits the ground and all that pressure is instantly transfered to the hub, axle, transmission everything. Mainly the diff pins explode and wreak havoc in the trannys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imagine this, every time you do that your basically hopping the wheel into the air, then it spins really fast and then suddenly hits the ground and all that pressure is instantly transfered to the hub, axle, transmission everything. Mainly the diff pins explode and wreak havoc in the trannys.
thanks i understand now!!
Preload
Traction Bar
link?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Wheel hop will break shit if you don't fix the problem. Try feathering the clutch more, get some motor mount inserts, and possibly a traction bar if you have the funds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
feathering the clutch?

and as the bar ima look into that!

also why did this start happening?
it never use to do this before!!

and thanks for the people that have posted soo far! you guys are great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts