Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does that shit taste like? comparable to tobassco or franks, etc?
Tabasco/Franks is a vinegar based sauce that's has it's own unique flavor. Tapatio is a chili, tomato and vegitable based sauce that is thicker and has more overall flavor. Stuff is damned GOOD!

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
what does that shit taste like? comparable to tobassco or franks, etc?

to put it simply. tapatio is the "latinos" version of Ketchup for Americans they put that shit on anything and everything possible. thats that good shit! one of the few benefits of living in socal is teh food for sure

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
hell yeah i love pulpo (octopus) latino seafood dishes overall rule.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
+1 on Tapitio, love that shit. I get something called Bokados as well. It tastes exactly like Tapitio without so much heat if I just want the taste for something.

Also post a recipe of what the hell I'm looking at.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't play, Glenn. We know you're really white. :p

That looks GOOOOOOOD!
To tell you the truth Matt.....I don't know what the hell I am! Being that my mom was German, Scandinavian, French, Australian, English and my Dad was full blooded Spanish, I guess I got the best of all worlds! But being born and raised in Los Angeles sure taught me how to eat damned GOOD!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1 on Tapitio, love that shit. I get something called Bokados as well. It tastes exactly like Tapitio without so much heat if I just want the taste for something.

Also post a recipe of what the hell I'm looking at.
The recipe contains Squid, Muscles, Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, Octopus, Oysters, Lime Juice, Red Onion, Cilantro, Jalapenos and Avacado. You can add other ingredients such as Mango, Pineapple or even Strawberries.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
ill be the first latino who hates tapatio sauce. i love all kinds of hot sauces but not that shit.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
It sucks living in Canada, you cant get any authentic latino food?

Fuck Taco Bell would be the closest, which is disgusting.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Tapatio is alright, IMO better than Tabasco, Franks, etc. On mexican foods the main hot sauce I use is Cholula and Texas Pete "Hotter"(I highly recommend this, it's the one with the black label); but usually the best sauce(with real peppers in it) is from the restaurants. :)

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
i prefer tapatillo, up here in seattle its served as an alternative to people "like me" who dont like vinegar based bullshit overpowering your food.

I also eat an asian hot sauce called red rooster, its the shit, its got flame, heat, and flavor that doesnt ruin your food all in one, I use tapatillo mainly for the flavor.

Tmack: im sure there are some latinos in canadia running a hispanic themed restaurant, you just gotta look, and when you do? taco bell will be a distant nightmare looong forgotten. Thumbs up on the post glenniz

1 - 20 of 51 Posts