Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to head down to the drag strip tonight for some runs in the DD. This is my first time, snicker snicker, but I am stoked. Should be a group of us down there, most of my buddies will be in subies and some american v8's but I will hold it down with my D, snicker snicker.

Portland International Raceway is the spot every Friday, I feel like Im slipping not heading over when I get the chance. So heres my chance, I should be getting there a little after the gates open but hopefully, if anyone is around and down, see ya there.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
How much is it to go? I was thinking about going down to Hillsbouro to kick it with a friend anyways. Any other restrictions and what time? I might be down to rep the D tonight.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have fun! Don't break a stock diff!
I took it pretty easy shifted at 6K, did not reach for the 7K. Launched at around 2k. I am hooked so yeah its time to look into a mild drag/street car.

How much is it to go? I was thinking about going down to Hillsbouro to kick it with a friend anyways. Any other restrictions and what time? I might be down to rep the D tonight.
Sorry I missed ya mang. It is $27 to race, $10 the first time for a reg number $37 total.

As long as you run 14 or slower, haha, you dont need a helmet, under 14 need a helmet, then its a speed thing, over 150 and you need chutes and I cant remember the cage speed/times.

Evey Friday until winter man, we should hit it up.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Ouch, the price has gone WAY up since my days there. LOL!

I pay $7 to race or specate here locally...but limited to only an 1/8th mile track.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I pay $7 to race or specate here locally...but limited to only an 1/8th mile track.
Its $27 each time but its a full 1/4 mile on the front straight of PIR, run from 530pm to 10pm as long as the car holds up. It is worjth it if you get in early you can run 5-10 times before everyone gets out there.

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts

yeah thats kinda high lol the local track by me is 10 to watch 20 to race on wensdays Wkends its 10 to watch 25 to race, wkends 8am to 5pm wkdays 5pm to 10pm. its worth it for the most part.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
I don't think that is a high price at all. PIR is a very well known track and has been around for decades. Im definately down to do a few runs one weekend. Let me get my clutch, timing kit and and oil change in and its go time!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's what I took, my DD, 92 Civic Sedan, d16y8 motor from a 99.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was my first time racing not just effing around with my buddies or doing something stupid in traffic. I am not really sure how to proceed except a new car, lighter, smaller if I want to be serious. But this was a fun experience that I will continue.

Need to upgrade some parts before I beat on it. Launched at around 2K, shifted at 6K. The left lane is a buddy in a new GSR Evo, Im on the right, lol.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once I figured out the lights I realized I can kill my RT, then its on to my 60' and more power to finish fast, I ran out of power, fast...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts