Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an aftermarket c/f hood that you can only put 2 of the bolts in. one on each side. Its never a problem when tightened down. Holds it fine. Anyway, My mechanic took off the hood and put all 4 bolts in, and doing some weird shit, and now it wont close.

I tried moving the latch, but i cant get it to latch. It goes past the first arm, the one you use to open your hood. So when i drive it stays down, but how do you adjust the latch to work properly?

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
Id highly suggest, hood pins!!!!!!!!! For your safety and others!

Outside of that, I have a stock hood so not sure about adjustment.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
Again, stock hood myself so not sure. but I heard they are a MUST with this lite hoods. Never can be too safe. Not the expert on carbon fiber hoods so maybe some other members can help ya more!

Did you figure out your idle issue yet?.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
I guess if your talking about the hood pins again, its not a latching issue, its a safety thing incase the latch breaks off the hood itself.

·
Registered
Civic Ex sedan
401 Posts
I guess if your talking about the hood pins again, its not a latching issue, its a safety thing incase the latch breaks off the hood itself.
He's right, my guy has a cf hood on his celica thought it was held down with the latch then the hood flew open while he was speeding on the kennedy expressway (you're in chicago u know) cracked the hood and the windshield

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im about to go pick up a black hood for 40$ from a dudes coupe. So I guess that will help me line up the latch with that hood, and then my aftermarket one should work with the same setting right?

black hood on red hatch ftw hahah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts