Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'97 HB
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got some auto-x in-car footage courtesy of a Sony webcam bungeecorded to the passenger headrest.
This is my final run of the 2008 season, this was in Birmingham with the ALSCCA.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
999 Posts
cool vid but your tires arent screaming... your not going fast unless your tires are screaming :)

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
haha, automatic autocrossing... tisk tisk

·
Registered
999 Posts
doesnt matter hes racing... doesnt mean he cant outdrive most of you

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
kinda funny you can make such a statement, when you dont know anyones driving skill on here. this isnt a flame war, i was just saying with a 5spd you could knock seconds off your time.

·
Registered
999 Posts
taking offense to it must mean you think your hot shyt.. i was simply stating just cause he drives an automatic doesnt mean he he need to be made fun of... and the statement wasnt directed towards you

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Did i say hes a horrible driver in my post? No. Automatic transmissions were definitely not made for any type of racing situation, even less so than the civic chassis itself. So relax, everyone is not out to get everyone on the interwebz.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Did i say hes a horrible driver in my post? No. Automatic transmissions were definitely not made for any type of racing situation, even less so than the civic chassis itself. So relax, everyone is not out to get everyone on the interwebz.
what about drag racing!
bracket racing is owned by auto trans
the fastest rear wheel drives use autos...

·
Registered
'97 HB
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For now auto works since I'm just doing auto-x, but when I get my car fully built for TT or Solo I then a manual trans will be part of that arsenal.
Thanks for the concern though, didn't mean to start a riot!
I got the car for next to nothing and thats what it came with, I can't complain. I wasn't sure how much I'd like auto-x at first, I just wanted something to have fun with. Now I'm totally hooked and want to take it to the next level so the list of wants continues...Manual trans, tons of suspension bits, safety gear.....

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
rockin the auto FTW, i plan to road track my car a few times with my auto. keep up the good work man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts