Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
gt2871? Or do they have a 2876 maybe

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I believe a 2871 with a good size turbine housing, and enuff rpm will get you there or close.

·
Registered
375 Posts
gt3071r t25 flanged...i got it yesterday by the way...

i had a gt2560r making 360hp and blew the shit out of her so i went for something bigger!!!

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gt3071r t25 flanged...i got it yesterday by the way...

i had a gt2560r making 360hp and blew the shit out of her so i went for something bigger!!!

At what psi were you running the gt2560r? And what was your setup? That's the same turbo I have currently

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
375 Posts
i was running at 26psi...wiseco/ealge/bg/bisimoto 2.4 with full bisimoto valvetrain,no porting,60mm exhaust,cast manifold,stock intake mani,725 id injectors yada yada yada...

i have to say that it had a pretty broad powerband...

·
Registered
982 Posts
t25 housing with .64 a/r i think!!!
thanks. Did you order it from a specific site?

i was running at 26psi...wiseco/ealge/bg/bisimoto 2.4 with full bisimoto valvetrain,no porting,60mm exhaust,cast manifold,stock intake mani,725 id injectors yada yada yada...

This is my exact set up, only I have the edelbrock intake mani and ported head & OS valves, so I will be looking for a better turbo after its all up and running.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I'm surprised it made power so far past it's efficiency threshold. They say 14 psi is its limit

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
I think your exhaust may be your bottleneck, not so much the turbo. Have you thought up upgrading to a 3" exhaust? The free-er flowing the exhaust, the more efficient the turbo can be. Either way, those are great numbers!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah i know...pretty much the only thing that i have to upgrade is the exhaust system.

I will try to go to a full 3" exhaust pretty soon.

I didnt push the car too much just a couple times at 2nd gear on 16psi.

I need to go for a tune and will see what happens.

It pulls like crazy and it isnt too loud.i wish it would sound like a gt3076r but oh well...lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts