Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as i have bought a LSD and will be installing it, i was advised to also replace at least the seals.
However, i searches the net and it seems that only the deals for SOHCs are available.
Can i know if they are the same?
If not, where can i buy them? I checked Synchrotech and they have a kit but i am not sure if it is suitable.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
why not ask synchrotech? paging Aquafina, Aquafina to the main desk please

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,294 Posts
What LSD did you buy and from where?

David (owner) and Britney (phones) as well as other crew at Synchrotech are AWESOME. James is no longer there, moved on to do his own thing out of another location, but still all interconnected.

Info along with ALL kinds of other data points are here....

L3 tranny

IIRC I had a hand in building TJS trans, we also both got free dyno time in 1999 at Dave's Honda Haven.

Google search term = "DOHC ZC axle seals"

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
He ordered the LSD from me. The SOHC axles will not work. Your best bet is to order them from a local dealer as shipping to Singapore is going to offset any savings you might have by ordering them from the US.

·
Registered
152 Posts
He ordered the LSD from me. The SOHC axles will not work. Your best bet is to order them from a local dealer as shipping to Singapore is going to offset any savings you might have by ordering them from the US.
do you have a website or is this only threw the forum ?

interested in pricing for a lsd and a final drive/info on final drives.

thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the seal kit from synchrotech...

89-00 D Series Seal kit - Synchrotech Transmissions Inc

unlike the rebuild kit, it was not stated if the seal kit is for 35mm or 40mm bearings, also not indicated if it was only for SOHC, which they usually does state for the others...

Can I assume them to be compatible??

I have emailed synchrotech and is awaiting their reply..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,294 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts