Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wanted to throw this picture up, of my recent bulb swapincase anyone is thinking of getting a few. its looks fantastic, im quite impressed. I did have an issue with the "74 ahp" stle bulbs not fitting in the holder, but the "2 ahp" series fit just fine. i got the bulbs from superbrightleds.com

· Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
1,150 Posts
see thats why i dont like using LED's

Hot spots and cold spots, they dont diffuse well

Heard of a trick though where you take 500 grit sandpaper and scuff the led so its all cloudy looking and it helps diffuese the light better.

· Registered
96 Civic HX
1,255 Posts
i love the look but agree it needs to diffuse better. i'll try the sandpaper trick once the sedan is actually running again.
I want to swap to led for the look, but this is exactly why I dont want to swap too.

Post exactly what bulb you used would ya?. Better yet if you have a pic of it too. Im assuming these were not smt led's.

· Registered
Magnum RT
2,231 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, but like others have said, the light diffusion isn't as nice as normal bulbs. Also, it's hard to see your needles...were those bulbs not put back in?

· Registered
10,083 Posts
it for the most part reduces brightness where ever sanded.

Buy brighter led's next time, they have wider angle ones perfect.

Few people on the superhonda forum did it with awesome success, one with an MR2 cluster, and one with a del sol cluster

I freaking love led conversions, makes the car feel/look a bit newer!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the needle bulbs were put back in, not sure why they are harder to see;maybe just the way its diffusing. it does give it a "newer" feel tho, i agree with that. also, i dont think the camera got a great image of the bezel, i think they look great at night. thanks for the replies guys :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.