1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello D-Series.org
I want to start accumulating +T parts.
I drive a rusty 98 DX Y7 5 speed.

I have an orphaned TD04-13C that I think would be appropriate for a light pressure daily driver.
I have two or three T3 A/R 52/48 kicking around also.
Since the actual turbocharger is the most expensive component in a turbo kit, I think my best course would be to piece everything together part by part.
Also, the main components should be quality pieces and not knockoffs.

My budget is however much it takes.
My time frame is however long it takes.
My power goal is however much it makes.

I'd like to run a half a bar(ish) on a stock, high mile, well maintained engine.

I work 70+ hours a week until thanksgiving so I don't have a lot of energy left to research at present.
I have 4 turbo cars and am a megasquirt veteran. I still have two of the original group buy megasquirts that shipped from Digikey in sandwich bags. One ran a VoVo 242 turbo that I still own.
I understand the tuning process but I'm not familiar with OBD2 +T and how flexible my stock ECU is and what it will take to run safely at 1/2 bar and retain smogability.

I will be watching the for sale forum!
I will have questions!:yes:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
your going to have to convert to obd1 ecu with a conversion harness or run a standalone/piggyback ecu if you want to pass emission probably want the piggyback. i dont know bar/psi conversion but dont get stuck on pressure ratings its all about the size of the turbo, a d16 block is good for about 220-250whp on stock rods and pistons.

·
Registered
95 Civic sedan
53 Posts
My buddy has a y7 block and z6 head with a skunk 2 manifold with a junkyard built turbo kit its shitty he has an exhaust pipe for intercooler piping he's been pounding the shit out this motor for a year 1/2 constantly redlining reving with a improper tune "way shitty tune" and its his daily just goes to show these motors are tough and last not to mention we got the block out of a junkyard with 189k lol its f***** fast to! What his car showed me is how easy it is to boost these things he passes emissions to haha and also taught me you CAN def go boost on bare minimum parts I'll post a pic if you guys want. Not trying to help just trying to put some personal experience with boost out there just try not to stress to much its not all what a lot if people try to say and he buys all his stuff dirt cheap off eBay

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I like this sort of thing for a play thing. For my daily it has to be clean and straight. When I do build a toy, it will be rough and fast, my stolen sig from Pat, RIP, says it all.

·
Registered
95 Civic sedan
53 Posts
I agree I need a clean daily turbo or not it just feels better has a better outlook idk how he just drives that its sloppy but he really don't care lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts