1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I don't remember who it was, but someone wasn't happy with Kteller. It wasn't the product, it was the service and speed (or lack there of). Kteller supposedly gets his stuff from http://www.vrsexhaust.com/index.html. They don't list catbacks for Honda's, but they do have mandrel bent tubing kits.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember who it was, but someone wasn't happy with Kteller. It wasn't the product, it was the service and speed (or lack there of). Kteller supposedly gets his stuff from http://www.vrsexhaust.com/index.html. They don't list catbacks for Honda's, but they do have mandrel bent tubing kits.
Greg told me that is where Kteller gets it from too. There is a guy in town that has one on his k20 ek but I don't know him, just of him.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
It seems like a good deal. I've been wondering what it would cost to have someone weld up a system with one of their 2 1/2" kits. My problem is I really want stainless, so it'll need to be TIGed. I also figured out was actually fairly expensive by the time you add a resonator, muffler, and tip into it. You ought to be able to put together an aluminized system for a decent price if you don't go crazy on a muffler.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well see I just want the piping then to a universal Buddy club I have. I don't want any back pressure : )

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
That's right you're boosted. You don't need a resonator at all probably. Are you thinking about a full 3" system?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I understand perfectly. That's why I was thinking about a 2 1/2" system. If I were to boost my EJ8, I would have to keep the AC! It shouldn't be too bad getting someone to weld up a system like that for you.

·
Banned
156 Posts
for the price though....not bad.

I can get a 2.5 with a high flow cat, and a muffler for around $250 from my local muffler shop...why get a name brand when its all the same material...one might be chrome but...heck its beneath the car

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
im going with a VRS kit on my car when i finally get everything ready. For 125 you cant beat it

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I go brand name for quality but...................honestly I've had custom systems on my old coupe and my lude and it really doesn't matter. I had a dual DTM style on my 92 lude that looked absolutely sick!!! and a straight through n-1 style on my coupe that looked ghey!!! both performed great. I got them both welded on for $150 after buying the mufflers on ebay for like$75 each. You can't go wrong.

I just feel like doing this car in a way I'
ve never done before. It's fun to spend money. lol And I've always wanted the slanted n1 since high school.

·
Registered
731 Posts
i recently bought a kteller exhaust kit for a hatchback in 2.5". i received it in about a week. the exhaust shop had to do some slight bends and cut a little off the end to make room for my oval magnflow muffler but it sounds fine. i can get some pictures if you want. might be kinda tough getting some under the car pics. i recently just bought the 2.5" greddy downpipe from them also. still waiting on that to get here though. its been about 3 days so far

·
Registered
731 Posts
quality looked good to me. after all, its tubing. i would say the fitment is 95% bolt on simply cause the exhaust shop had to make a couple bends and cut a little off the end for my muffler.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have there 2.5 kit on my ef hatch. it took a while to get to boston as most parts do. i am 100% satisified with the quality and fitment. the same kit is used for sedan/hatch/crx so you sould ecpect ot cut/fit. i had mine done at a local exhaust shop. came with clamps, hangers and flanges. i used a magnaflow muffler with a 22" maganaflow resiginiator and a 2.5 carsound/magnaflow high flow cat. sounds great, couldet of been happier. but once i added it all up i did spend a pretty penny.

muffler

the only part of my kit that wasent mandrel bends was the muffler outlets, the guy at the exhaust shop made them perfectly by eye. dual 2" outlets

flex section for downpipe

catflow cat in the middle. i did not use this pipe kit for the exhaust

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
it was me. there service SUCKS. i waited forever, they wouldnt pick phone calls up. wouldnt return calls. nothing. I had to call the people they get the exhuast from to see if my order was even placed, tons of shit. and to end it all 2 months after paying...He says,Oh it was shipped somewhere else. it could be months before we can get it back, this an that.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
I missed this thread when it first came out...

My problem is I really want stainless, so it'll need to be TIGed.
Not true. You can MIG 304 stainless all day long if your welder can get hot enough. I do it all the time with my 110-volt Lincoln WP-100 welder.

Looks like Kteller is a ripoff. Much cheaper to get it straight from VRS. I did. Made the 92-00 Civic 3" tubing kit fit my 7th gen. Works like a charm and their shipping was fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts