·
Registered
95 Civic EX
885 Posts
Damb, wish i could do that.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
I have been shooting for about a year now. Used to shoot when I was a kid. I have gotten to the point where I cannot shoot 2 arrows at the same spot, more than likely I will break or robin hood them (put an arrow in the back of another). Typically my groups are within a size of a half dollar, which still leaves room to work.

Semi-pro and pro archers can shoot with that kind of accuracy consistantly over an entire days event. Not easy to do.

Developing a steady hand is important, but its not all muscle size and strength. Breathing techniques play a big role in accurate and consistent shooting. Equipment does too.

Currently my bow has a scope on it, which magnifies 4X. Most scope shooters use an 8X lens. Im not steady enough for an 8X lens yet. The arrows I use are built to some tight tolerances, and are heavy to slow them down. Slower arrows (to an extent) are more accurate based on less flexing in the arrow itself.

·
Registered
98 Hatchback
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been shooting for about a year now. Used to shoot when I was a kid. I have gotten to the point where I cannot shoot 2 arrows at the same spot, more than likely I will break or robin hood them (put an arrow in the back of another). Typically my groups are within a size of a half dollar, which still leaves room to work.

Semi-pro and pro archers can shoot with that kind of accuracy consistantly over an entire days event. Not easy to do.

Developing a steady hand is important, but its not all muscle size and strength. Breathing techniques play a big role in accurate and consistent shooting. Equipment does too.

Currently my bow has a scope on it, which magnifies 4X. Most scope shooters use an 8X lens. Im not steady enough for an 8X lens yet. The arrows I use are built to some tight tolerances, and are heavy to slow them down. Slower arrows (to an extent) are more accurate based on less flexing in the arrow itself.
It was kind of cool to see how the arrow left the bow and how much it was flexing, yet it still hit it's target.

This place that i'm planing on going in 2 weeks will supply me with a bow and arrow for the first day, what types and brands of Bows and arrows are good out there that you can recommend?

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
It was kind of cool to see how the arrow left the bow and how much it was flexing, yet it still hit it's target.

This place that i'm planing on going in 2 weeks will supply me with a bow and arrow for the first day, what types and brands of Bows and arrows are good out there that you can recommend?
It all comes down to if you want to shoot to hunt or just shoot targets. There is quite a difference between hunting and target shooting equipment. Its going to come down to personal preference. When I bought my bow, I shot a 750$ bow, and a 400$ bow. The 400$ bow was much more comfortable to shoot than the other. Price is not always indicative of a good bow.
<O:p
Some good companies: Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, Diamond by Bowtech, Matthews…almost all manufacturers are good ones. The arrows I shoot are made by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Easton</st1:City>. Not sure of the model# right off. Aluminum shaft, very large O.D. Pressed in tips. <O:p

<O:p
Check out www.lancasterarchery.com to see different types of equipment. Also check out www.archerytalk.com<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
98 Hatchback
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot for the info! I'm looking to shoot targets. So I guess i'll have to shoot a few times until I decided to buy a bow just so I start to get a feeling of what is comfortable. Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used to shoot 3d a lot when i was younger ( early teens ). I used hoyt and eventually got sponsored by them. It is a blast to do. Breathing is probably the hardest thing to catch onto. No one can tell you how to do what you do, you will have to learn your own trick and what works for you. Each shooter is different. Find what works for you, shoot something that you are comfortable with.
I loved my hoyt to death, ive shot PSE and high country as well, hoyt worked for me tho. At least where im at, our archery shop will let you shoot the bows before you buy them.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
lol. thats great since i can't rifle hunt due to i have a felony, friends and me are thinking of teaching me how to bow hunt. lol.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
i read alot of the comments on the video, they were like, yeah but the arrrow has no nock on it, and it was bigger than the arrow which penetrated it,

like that makes up for putting a arrow inside another arrow at 30 meters. hahah

great vid. rep

·
Registered
98 Hatchback
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i read alot of the comments on the video, they were like, yeah but the arrrow has no nock on it, and it was bigger than the arrow which penetrated it,

like that makes up for putting a arrow inside another arrow at 30 meters. hahah

great vid. rep
ha.. I didn't even bother reading the comments. I jus saw that he put an arrow inside another arrow and thought that it was pretty bad ass. There weren't any "photoshopped, fake, saw it on another site" comments?

hell yeah, Thanks for the rep! :TU:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts