Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had ordered a full setup exhaust from eBay "ko speed" brand billed as dna motoring, well it arrived last night and it got installed last night.

Price was 149.99 plus 49.99 shipping shipping took about a week from Ca to Wi about reasonable it was all in one box and luckily not beat by the ups man...

My first impressions of the system were SHINY! And better quality then I was expecting. It came with header, down pipe, "cat" (test pipe), resonator tube, over axle, and muffler, and silencer (which already fell out) and hardware except the exhaust manifold nuts on the head

Installation is pretty straight forward started it at about 7:30 finished by 10:30
It fit well together everything lined up great.
Then I got to the over axle portion, the hanger for the axle hump is about 1" off, the muffler hangers are also about an inch off :-/ but a little Jerry rigging and it's in pretty good until I can do it properly.

The good: nice sound nice looks NICE PRICE and fast shipping

The bad: it hangs low it doesn't fit quite right silencer vibrated loose

Overall: full exhaust on a budget and still less then what the local muffler shop would have charged to use crush bent exhaust -cringe-

Pics will be up later

·
Registered
my civic
99 Posts
sweet, i may actually consider getting one of these. Ive heard they rust faster than other brands and such though. Definitely let us how it holds up in the future

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if your concerned with rust you could spray a bunch of clear spray paint on it. from like the test pipe back.

its gotta be glossy to bloc moisture

·
Registered
my civic
99 Posts
hmm not a bad idea. ill definatelly give that a shot. Think you could do the same with the header or do you think that gets too hot?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
the header debate goes on. you could heat wrap it or use high temp paint.

my painted one rusted. and people with wrapped ones have rusted

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got pulled over the other day cause my exhaust had fallen off today i get it checked out cop said "you have to be kidding me, this is your answer?" (its better then no exhaust but not good enough for that PIG... so I need to find a way to quiet it down (silencer would be nice its just MIA)

·
Registered
96' Civic EX Coupe
47 Posts
if it were me, i would just buy a quality muffler from apexi and have it welded onto your exhaust, that way you wont have to worry about the silencer again. and if you have the option, use the clamp hanger, not the metal tube'd ones. from personal experience the clamp hangers are much better quality and are easily adjustable

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

As you can see it hangs a little low and is already turning copper I happen to like that look :) I would like it to be blue then copper

Also a little bit of fiberglass insulation will shut it up for "inspection" it has a very deep booooooohhhhhhhhh sound to it but when vtec cracks it gets that bumble bee rasp to it I'm not entirely sure I love it's sound with the silencer in it was a lot worse

And I will DEFINITELY grab the clamp on hangers might actually get it where it's supposed to be

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last 2 pieces didn't go on quite perfect the hangars didn't line up but I'm going to grab the clamp on hangers as shown above by dee16why8

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah sorry I tend to just read threads not posters lol yeah it's the 92-00 2dr/4dr one but I am going to grab the hangers tomorrow (payday) along with some more parts for the car (new instrument cluster eg speedo problem + idiot indiglo gauge install= only tach and temp work) also going to change oil and flush antifreeze

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I have an obd1 car, obd2 it might? it had spot for 3 o2 sensors... I'm not feeling the o2 on cyl 4 tube I may move it to a further back one it's a decent header for the price :) but no cel from it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts