Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I presently have a 97 Del Sol Si (240mm rotor), basically an EG. The Wilwoods only fit 262mm cars.

What are my donor options for 262mm spindles and are there any other things I need to consider?

I am getting conflicting information in my searches. Some say 96-00 Civic Ex, 99-00 Civic Si, or 94-01 Integra are my options. Others say that the spindles from those vehicles will alter the height of the vehicle?

Can someone confirm these will bolt right up without incident without throwing off height or camber?

D

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Where did you find the info?

I have a 92 si hatch and I'm using 94 teg knuckles to run dpha calipers. The tegs measured the same everything to my civics, except the knuckles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
eg6 eg9 e.g. vti versions of EG chassis as well as b16 delsol
any 95-00 MA (MB) chassis (useless section for you) and I think same-gen civic-based domani (or are all of them based on a civic platform?)

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Those spindles are all the same, you might even be able to use DA, but don't quote me on that lol!

any 92-00 Civic/Del Sol/Integra are interchangable.

The "camber issue" probably has more to do if the car has been damaged, I got a bent spindle from a friend before. But it came from a bad accident so it made sense.

The control arms usually are the ones that change things.

It's when you move to other models where they are UNCONFIRMED such as (These might be the same even though they are a different hub/bearing):
Prelude
Accord
CRV
Odessey

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
I went to their website when I was looking at these and it is a little unclear what hubs they exactly fit. I want to buy them sometime this year and just try putting them on my car. Worst case scenario for me is I have to put DA knuckles on and it should work no problem.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
92 civic si hatch are the small hubs FYI.
Good to note!

But main idea is that as long as they are 10.4" they'll fit from those yeats per model.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I went to their website when I was looking at these and it is a little unclear what hubs they exactly fit. I want to buy them sometime this year and just try putting them on my car. Worst case scenario for me is I have to put DA knuckles on and it should work no problem.
Good to note!

But main idea is that as long as they are 10.4" they'll fit from those yeats per model.
What Fodo said. They fit the larger hubs/spindles. So ex civics, 99-00 si, 94-01 tegs. 92 civic hatch si won't fit. Don't know about the ex models for that year, I believe it's the 92-93 models that never came with abs.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
Interchangeable is different from identical. The 96-00 knuckle (inc Si) is shorter so it will mess with your suspension. Specifically it will lower the UCA ball joint, reducing camber (static & dynamic), and mess with your roll center.

All Del Sol's are basically EG/Teg's regardless of year. Any VTEC model Del Sol, EX/Si 92-95 Civic, or 94-00 Integra will have what you need. The knuckle will swap right over & the brake mount holes will be right for your new brake kit.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Interchangeable is different from identical. The 96-00 knuckle (inc Si) is shorter so it will mess with your suspension. Specifically it will lower the UCA ball joint, reducing camber (static & dynamic), and mess with your roll center.

All Del Sol's are basically EG/Teg's regardless of year. Any VTEC model Del Sol, EX/Si 92-95 Civic, or 94-00 Integra will have what you need. The knuckle will swap right over & the brake mount holes will be right for your new brake kit.
Sorry but the 92-93 civic si hatch back knuckles WILL NOT fit the dpha calipers. They are the same size as the dx,cx ,etc.

They didn't come with the larger brakes until the 94 models.

I currently have a 92 si hatch with the dpha calipers.......:ph34r:

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok what I've found is the following:

94 del sol vtec (AND 94 Integ RS) 262mm
Knuckle ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-N10 (bearing 44300-s5a-008[ntn], 44300-S5A-004[koyo seiko])
Knuckle ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-N10 (bearing 44300-s5a-008[ntn], 44300-S5A-004[koyo seiko])

Integra RS and civic ex w/o ABS: 262mm
Knuckle Non-ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-N00 (bearing, 44300-S04-A02)
Knuckle Non-ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-N00

95 civic si? (Smaller, 97 del sol si) 240mm
Knuckle ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-000
Knuckle ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-000

97 del sol si hub asy 44300-S04-004,
97 del sol vteec hub asy abs 44300-S5A-008,
94 integra RS hub asy 44300-S5A-008,
94 gsr asy abs 44300-S5A-008,

So am I correct in believing their is no difference between hub and bearing between ABS and non ABS models? What all changes between ABS and non-ABS models. I know that the spindles are identical (except for holes being drilled for abs mounting).. It's looking like the bearings/hubs are the same too? Is this accurate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts