Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of a knock sensor and the 98 civic ex knock sensor at orielly is cheaper than majestic auto.

Orielly does not sell the 94 civic knock sensor here in Hawaii, so i was wondering if the 98 civic knock sensor could fit a 94 civic's?

If info I believe the 98 civic ex is a D16y8 and my 94 block is a z6
Help a brother save some money!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I'm not sure about this one.
I know all the obd2 d16 blocks are pretty tap for knock sensor but only the y8 uses them.
From what I remember on obd1 blocks like the z6 where tap for it.
So I'm not sure if it will fit.

I want to say if you have the threads for it that it should fit since I don't think honda made that many different kinds.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about this one.
I know all the obd2 d16 blocks are pretty tap for knock sensor but only the y8 uses them.
From what I remember on obd1 blocks like the z6 where tap for it.
So I'm not sure if it will fit.

I want to say if you have the threads for it that it should fit since I don't think honda made that many different kinds.
Thanks, I'll just go pick it up and see if it fits and roll with it there. Thanks for your input!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
92-95 civic don't have or use knock sensor. 96-00 civic use knock sensor. 96-01 intagra all so uses knock sensor.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That's for the oil pressure light on the gauge cluster. It's worth less.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm could be the reason why the one I ordered for my 98 didn't work, it was the wrong hole. I was throwing the code and read up on where it was and stopped after it said above the filter. But thanks for helping me understand.
Chrisfrom the site is here to help others out man not be an ass lol.

I do feel like a noob though. I now know its upper left of the oil filter

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts