Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a jdm d15b vtec moter on an ej8 the moter is obd 1.. i was wondering if it has a knock sensor?? i bought a jumper harness for obd1 i thought it would be beter if it had an obd1 ecu im planing to get the p28 but for now i just have the p72 and it gave me the check engine light i cheked it and it was for the for the knock sensor...
wen i was doin the swap im prety sure i ddnt see the knock sensor. does it have it??

·
Registered
stock 96 coupe
453 Posts
everything will still work i had my knock censor broke on my gsr and vtec still worked fine with the knock cel

·
Registered
2 Posts
the car will still run and vtec will still hit. actually it will hit alot harder. but over all the care will run like shit!!! ur gonna need to have the knock board removed/disabled and a possible rechip.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ok i have a jdm d15b vtec moter on an ej8 the moter is obd 1.. i was wondering if it has a knock sensor?? i bought a jumper harness for obd1 i thought it would be beter if it had an obd1 ecu im planing to get the p28 but for now i just have the p72 and it gave me the check engine light i cheked it and it was for the for the knock sensor...
wen i was doin the swap im prety sure i ddnt see the knock sensor. does it have it??
p72 has knock
p28 has no knock
Both are only 2 stage vtec ecus. The d15b is 3 stage
The p72 knock board can be turned off in crome.

If you use crome on the p72 you can use the iab output to run the 3 stage vtec. Or you can use a rpm window switch with the p28.

You also run into a problem with a vtec pressure switch both the p28 and the p72 run a vtec pressure switch and if I remember rite the d15b dose not have one. This can also be fixed with crome.

If I hade to run ether ecu stock I would pick the p28 but both will do a poor job of running that d15b. If you chipped one ecu and used crome I would pick the p72 due to the iab output this ecu + crome will do a very good job at running that d15b if tuned properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts