Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My `96 D16y8 hatch is throwing a CEL - the Knock Sensor?!?! The diagram I have in the service manual shows it to be near the valve cover on the intake mani side....I see nothing there....might be why its throwing a code??! 1)Am I just stupid and missed the sensor? 2)How do you fool the ECU with a resistor or something?

P.S Its a new ECU so it might have been for the coupe with a knock sensor???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
96 hatches normally don't come with a D16Y8 - they come with D16Y7s. So if you swapped in a Y8 engine along with the P2P ECU then you'll need to wire in the knock sensor. The P2P expects a knock sensor input or else it'll throw a CEL. There's a bung for it under the IM. If you have a Y8 harness then you just have to plug it in, otherwise you have to wire it in yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right.... I don't have the sensor itself(any way to fool the comptuer into thinking its OK with a resistor/closed or open circuit?)...Also..looking in the service manual, it says that the knock sensor is only for the A/T version of the d16y8... can someone confirm this is true? That would mean whoever sold me this ECU on ebay sold me an auto unit saying it was a M/T.....Thanks guys I really appreciate your input!

·
Registered
180 Posts
the question still remains the same ;;;;can u trick the cpu as it relates to the knock sensor
love to hear some replies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts