Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
if they include balancing afterwards, sounds like a good deal, i have seen not a huge inprovement in hp tq figures, but it is a lighter rotational mass, which would allow for free'er revving.... i would do it if i had the build going already, and the spare cash..... :TU: to you..... good question.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
If you're going to boost the motor I would not bother with it.
^I agree
I've heard it is hard to balance a crank very good like a factory honda crank....honda use very good machine to balance crank!
An aftermarket flywheel will do the same thing, rev faster! But the knife edged crank will move less air in the crankcase.....
Put your $ somewhere else.....

R

·
0 Posts
if you do it. don't just balance the crank when youre done. send them the entire rotating assembly. rods, pistons, crank, etc... and only then will you have a truly balanced engine. otherwise you will have undone what natural balance honda designs into their assemblys already. a balanced crank that been lightened will be totally unbalanced once your origional (much heavier now in comparison) un-touched rods/pistons area attached. the benefits of knifing are only realized during high high rpms. so at the drags/constant street racing whenever youre running it?...yeah. track day? yeah. but onramps thorugh a few gears seeing those revs only 7% of the time and thats it? forget it.

so it would be $170 + full assembly balance act= much more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts