Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the kit that I plan on running on my DOHC ZC.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/drag_turbo_kits/drtk-ho-001/

Is there anything bad/good I need to know about this kit? Now I know alot ove people will say "Dont get that because you can do a homemade kit for less money." Well I dont have the know how or the tools to do one homemade (if I did I would). I also want to know if I would need to get anyother parts (I only want to run 6-7psi and my motor is in good condition). Here is a list of parts the kit comes with.

Drag High flow 4 into 1 cast iron turbo exhaust manifold
Turbonetics T3/T4 High flow turbocharger assembly
Turbonetics Deltagate Mark II Wastegate (7 PSI Spring)
Drag High Flow front mount intercooler w/ polished cast aluminum end tanks
BLITZ Super Blow Off Valve
Drag mandrel bent high flow chrome plated intercooler pipes
Drag mandrel bent high flow exhaust down pipe
Drag wastegaste dump tube assembly
Drag Blue silicone hose and hose clamps
Drag High pressure/High volume inline fuel pump
Drag Boost dependent FMU fuel regulator
Intake air filter assembly
Map sensor bypass valve assembly
Stainless steel braided oil feed line w/ fittings
Oil return assembly
All necessary hardware and fittings
All necessary hose and hose clamps
All necessary gaskets
Installation manual

·
Registered
80 Posts
As said above...
No fuel management
Very expensive

Also...
Cheap cast turbo manifold, for that much money you should get a real manifold with the kit.
No flange or flexpipe on downpipe, you will need to get that welded on.
Thats maybe $1500-1800 worth of parts.

I know you dont really want to build your own... But build your own.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
^^ a cast manifold IS a real manifold, and some designs out there are good.

My only problem with the drag manifold is the wastegate placement.

But to the OP, yeah, you could find a kit for cheaper than that. I'd start shopping around.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
^^ a cast manifold IS a real manifold
For the 6-7lbs that he wants... No, it really dosent matter.

mikeD16Z6 said:
and some designs out there are good.
Or at least some suck less than others. Was it RevHard that first had this particular (as in non hf or log) style of cast manifold? Which honestly must flow better, but will still probably never touch any decent tubular manifold.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I'm not sure who make the first cast turbo manifolds for civics. People have made over 500 horse on a cast manifold, they flow good enough.

But yeah, at 6-7 psi its kind of a moot point.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats a pretty good chunk of change. The turbo manifold isnt the greatest and neither is the wastegate location on it....its only pullling from one runner, it would be alot better if it was in the center pulling from all 4 like the one pictured above. The FMU isnt good either, you can use it for a boat anchor, chipping your ECU is the way to roll man. If you have the knowledge you can piece together alot better kit for way less $$$, but if your not sure stick with the pre-fabbed kits.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THanks for the ino on the kit. With this info I think I'm not going to get it. I never really thought of piecing together a kit. I just don't want/know how/have the tools to weld bend and all that, but piecing together a kit I wont have to do that. I'm not looking for masive HP just about 200 or so at the wheels. Another thing I was thinking about was an Ebay kit and replacing the week links in the kit. Or is every link in an ebay kit a week link? Well I wont be going turbo for a long time so I have about 1 year to resarch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts