·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
I guess im still calling bs on his 80mm bored d15 lol.Its only block guarded there is no way its holding up.But for someonewho has a built motor like that should know what brands are good and which ones arent IMO.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I've seen that a few times on here. People that "claim" they have honda building experience but are still asking what's good or what will get me to xx hp.

These are questions I'd be asking, since I will be building my 1st motor. But I'm going with the ACL bearings. But maybe I've had an advantage over him since I've had the oportunity to lurk this site since before summer started. Who knows.

·
Formerly weebeastie
940 Posts
Ok, well to answer the OP

I guess im still calling bs on his 80mm bored d15 lol.Its only block guarded there is no way its holding up.But for someonewho has a built motor like that should know what brands are good and which ones arent IMO.

Ok, to answer the question, many v8 drag racers use King Bearings because of their design. They generally run a little loose. Which if you know racing, loose is fast. Not overly loose, just they generally rev quicker than factory type bearings. They are comparable to ACL's.

As for the 80mm engine thats blockguarded. If you have the internet odds are you know someone with a digital camera or you yourself own one. Pull the head, use a dial caliper and take a pic.

I'm not saying its impossible, but I will say you need to prove it. Besides, why would you not prove it. IF you've found a way to take a D safely out to 80mm, you need to share the info. Right?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Listen. I´ll be doing a Mini-me around end of Jan to mid Feb and When I pull the head I´ll take pictures. Plus I dont understand why people still think a 80mm bore wouldn´t hold. Listen, a 80mm with a block gard and the whole shit its nitrade. From the crank ( mainly because where the woodruff key went it torn so I had to have that redone. ) to block , rods and valves. Shop fees here are cheap. Just parts are expensive.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
nothing beats oem bearings but for the engine builder on a budget they are a good product along with acl bearings.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I rock king in my built motor so far so good and the old school v8 guys like em. Now as far as the 80mm thing goes I dont know about that. I mean sleeved motors only suggest 79mm and then where did you find a HG and what pistons being that I have not seen any shelf piston that large. So yes your gonna have to prove this one to me.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
80mm bore....maybe....

Custom 80mm D series Pistons....expensive but possible

Finding someone to make a 1 off custom 80mm Headgasket. That sounds like the hard part, unless he somehow figured out a way to mod a B series HG to fit.

Ive seen enough 78s that I suppose an 80mm COULD be possible, but as he mentioned before, the sleeves would be thinner than my pubes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts